PDA

View Full Version : Accused of Murder, Teacher Cites Abuse

Candy
2004-Dec-07, 12:25 PM
Accused of Murder, Teacher Cites Abuse (http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=041207&cat=frontpage&st=frontpagehus band_killed_041207&src=abc)

A former elementary school teacher accused of hacking her husband to death is expected to take the stand this week to say the killing was committed in self-defense, despite prosecutors' claim that she bought the hatchet specifically to murder her husband of 31 years on Mother's Day.
Wow, what a Motherís Day present! Forgive my emoticon. I just couldnít help myself. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/waffen/violent-smiley-010.gif

gethen
2004-Dec-07, 02:40 PM
Wow. Can't imagine a 4th grader finding out that his or her beloved teacher just axed and stabbed her husband to death. Think she's out of a job?

jfribrg
2004-Dec-07, 03:36 PM
hmmm. my wife just bought an ax. Said it was an "early christmas present", supposedly for me to chop up some wood that has been collecting in our yard. Sure hope she doesn't get any ideas from this article.

frogesque
2004-Dec-07, 04:18 PM
hmmm. my wife just bought an ax. Said it was an "early christmas present", supposedly for me to chop up some wood that has been collecting in our yard. Sure hope she doesn't get any ideas from this article.

Definately time to think about those chores :lol:

Van Rijn
2004-Dec-07, 09:46 PM
Wow. I have a pretty liberal standard for what I consider "self defense" - and I could accept a preemptive strike in the face of potentially lethal and repeated abuse where there doesn't seem to be a workable alternative ...

but this, I think, goes slightly beyond even my definition of "self defense." Youch.

Ut
2004-Dec-07, 10:05 PM
As someone who's views on lethal force varies depending on what his roommates are doing, I... Oh wait. THat's not hte best way of opening, is it? Hehe.

Yeah. This wasn't self defence in the face of chronic abuse. She snapped. She let it build up until it broke her. Then she broke him. That's a retalitory action. Revenge is not self defence.