PDA

View Full Version : Eels

MilkyJoe
2013-Dec-24, 11:51 PM
Who here likes the music of Eels?
Those who do a lot will know the connection.
Just listening to them, drunk, on Xmas Eve. Fantastic.
I don't know the lyrics to all the songs that well, but is there any songs he mentions his dad? I know there's, "Things the Grandchildren Should Know". Which is actually one of my favourite songs of his.

"I'm turning out just like my father, though I swore I never would. Now I can say that I have love for him, I never really understood what it must have been like for him, living inside his head. I feel like he's here with me now; even though he's dead".

That has to be my favourite lyric of all time.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

MilkyJoe
2013-Dec-25, 12:06 AM
I forgot, [language]

"Daddy was a drunk, a most unpleasant man. Asleep on the floor, just inside the front door, with a smile underneath his red nose. The wrong look his way, well that could really wreck his day. And believe me when I say, it would wreck your day too".

Trakar
2013-Dec-26, 06:09 AM
Darn I was hoping for a cuisine thread, I haven't had any eel stew in a long time and now I'm going to spend all day tomorrow looking for some fresh eel.

Paul Beardsley
2013-Dec-26, 09:11 AM
I was hoping for a Mighty Boosh thread.

BigDon
2013-Dec-28, 07:47 PM
Or an exotic pet thread...

MilkyJoe
2013-Dec-31, 07:30 PM
I was hoping for a Mighty Boosh thread.

Eels up inside ya, finding an entrance where they can.

I got a warning for this thread...
Anyway, although I can't remember making this thread, I am interested in knowing if there is any more songs about his dad. I think his sister committed suicide; any about her?

swampyankee
2013-Dec-31, 09:28 PM
Don is going to make them into pets; Trakar is going to eat them, and the thread is about a band?

MilkyJoe
2014-Jan-08, 04:34 AM
Thread's dead, baby: thread's dead.

publiusr
2014-Jan-11, 07:24 PM
And the hovercraft is full of them