PDA

View Full Version : TV Show 'Lost'

ChesleyFan
2004-Dec-09, 09:57 PM
Am I the only one that is now hopelessly addicted to what might possibly be the best television show in years?

Although I have to make a comment on last night's episode (SPOILER ALERT!)...

... is it just me, or should Charlie have died? For a moment there I thought this show was pure GENIUS... then Jack revives him. Totally killed my emotional investment in the episode.

I loved John Lock's comment on Captain Kirk: "Sounds like a pretty p**s-poor captain."

Oh, and Jack's a whiner with a hero complex.

Of course, now we've got reruns next week. **DOH**

(And I'll get lost with Evangeline Lilly anytime!) :wink:

Silent Knight
2004-Dec-10, 01:13 AM
My mom likes this show, she said I should start watching it.

Donnie B.
2004-Dec-10, 01:26 AM
It's a fascinating show. It's the first network drama I've watched "by appointment" since Firefly, and the first on one of the "big three" networks since... I can't remember.

I thought I had it all figured out by about episode 3, but now I think I was way wrong.

Charlie's "coming back to life" was all right, especially given the show's underpinnings of mysticism (think about the way it starts raining when somebody mentions rain, etc.)

My only objection to that scene was the totally ridiculous actions of Jack in trying to resuscitate Charlie. Even a non-professional like me knows enough about CPR to know how completely wrong that was. He never even checked Charlie's pulse before using his chest as a punching bag -- and Jack's supposed to be a surgeon, for goodness sake!