PDA

View Full Version : What's with the mulitple polls?

Doe, John
2004-Dec-10, 12:35 AM
And who cares about sponge monkeys or Elton "I haven't had a hit in two decades" John.

ToSeek
2004-Dec-10, 01:36 AM
Vanion screwed up. And "Candle in the Wind" was the #1 single in 1997.

Doe, John
2004-Dec-10, 03:58 AM
OK, Elton "I haven't had a hit since the last century" John. And does that really count seeing as how he penned the original lyrics in the seventies and just rewrote them for Princess Di's memorial service, thereby capitalizing on HER popularity.

ToSeek
2004-Dec-10, 04:02 AM
Fair cop - I didn't realize until now just how old the original song was. (It wasn't released in the US as a single until long after the original release.)

Doe, John
2004-Dec-10, 04:24 AM
Originally released on the "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Album" copyright 1973.

Personally my favorite Elton John song is "Tiny Dancer" 8)

ToSeek
2004-Dec-10, 04:17 PM
Originally released on the "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Album" copyright 1973.

Yes, I found that out. But I must have heard "Goodbye" a thousand times before I heard "Candle" once.

Tensor
2004-Dec-10, 04:42 PM
OK, Elton "I haven't had a hit since the last century" John. And does that really count seeing as how he penned the original lyrics in the seventies and just rewrote them for Princess Di's memorial service, thereby capitalizing on HER popularity.

OK, Circle of Life, 1994.

Doe, John
2004-Dec-10, 11:48 PM

OK, Circle of Life, 1994.
Ok billboard top 20 peaked at 18. That was a single decade ago so I am guilty of hyperbole. He's still a has been. Although I thought he gave a great performance as himself in Bob the Builder's "A Christmas to Remember". That Wendy's a little hottie.

Makgraf
2004-Dec-11, 12:53 AM
I loved The Onion headline: Elton John Wows Mother Teresa Funeral Crowd With 'The ***** Is Back.'