PDA

View Full Version : Biblical Logic from me.

Majin Vegeta
2004-Dec-13, 04:28 AM
Yes I am a bible beliver but have a few good Athiest theorys for the Bible.

I am 14 years old and have been raised in a christian home.. But as an Anime fan I have learned a few things.

Psychic: Is no doubt real... Mind reading, Pyro, ect.
Alchemy: Transforms objects into other objects.
Ki: Shoots energy balls or gives energy.

Moses... He transformed his cane into a snake, Hmm.. Alchemy maybe?
Christians wave their hands in the air to God in church, Maybe their giving their energy to God for the final apocalyptic battle? Same goes for Rock conserts only they give to Satan! Psychic, The apostles knew the future of the planet earth, how? Maybe Remote Viewing?

Give me your thoughts!

Peace out!

SciFi Chick
2004-Dec-13, 04:37 AM
Read the FAQ. This board is not the place for that post.

sarongsong
2004-Dec-13, 04:45 AM
Check out google's 1st hit for "majin" 8)

Majin Vegeta
2004-Dec-13, 05:46 AM
What about Majin? :o Post it here.

I didn't know where to post it. #-o

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Dec-13, 05:47 AM
I'm afraid all religious and political issues are banned on this board.

Normandy6644
2004-Dec-13, 05:51 AM
Yeah, it's generally a no-no. Though there are places for it, just not here.

The Bad Astronomer
2004-Dec-13, 05:51 AM
Not banned. Just very, very discouraged. In this case, I think defending the Bible is something that shouldn't be done here.

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Dec-13, 05:56 AM
Oh, shoot. I should have said it's alright if it relates directly to astronomy or science. Sorry about that, BA.

Normandy6644
2004-Dec-13, 05:57 AM
Oh, shoot. I should have said it's alright if it relates directly to astronomy or science. Sorry about that, BA.

Yeah, doesn't look like this one is heading in that direction though...

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Dec-13, 06:00 AM
True. I think I'll take my leave of this thread before anything bad can happen.

Normandy6644
2004-Dec-13, 06:01 AM
True. I think I'll take my leave of this thread before anything bad can happen.

Good call.

*grabs coat*

Vanion
2004-Dec-13, 10:20 AM
If you want religion, check this site out:

Cygnus-Study:

http://www.cygnus-study.com/home.html

or their forums:

http://forum.cygnus-study.com/index.php

Good Luck! :D

Majin Vegeta
2004-Dec-13, 05:26 PM
Well actually, I was looking at the bible from an Athiests point of view, or more like explanations of the bible from an athiest. :o

SciFi Chick
2004-Dec-13, 05:53 PM
Well actually, I was looking at the bible from an Athiests point of view, or more like explanations of the bible from an athiest. :o

Right. But that still qualifies as religion. This site is neither for nor against atheists or Christians or any other religion. It's an astronomy site, so unless it directly relates to astronomy, politics and religion aren't welcome because of their inflammatory nature. :)

Candy
2004-Dec-13, 05:55 PM
New Advent (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15704b.htm) is a Catholic Encyclopedia. The link is just an example for ‘Antiquity of the World’. I’m not a spiritual person, but I like the website because it gives you some alternate views on subjects, even atheist. You just need to surf the site.

More examples, Cosmology (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04413a.htm) and Astronomy (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02025a.htm).

Good luck on what you are trying to accomplish. :)

Ut
2004-Dec-13, 06:08 PM
Athiesm != rational thought. It can be just as dogmatic as any organized religion. You're confusing religious beliefs with the skeptic atmosphere here. Consider the context of what you wish to say or discuss before you decide where to say it or discuss it, and don't think of who you want your audience to be, but where that audience lies.

sarongsong
2004-Dec-13, 09:55 PM
Seems to be a spelling problem here... :o

Enzp
2004-Dec-14, 10:40 AM
Religion aside, this thread is disturbing. Majin is 14, and is basing questions about the world, things in it, and beliefs of various sorts on CARTOONS.

Anime is a cartoon, not a history book. They make up whatever they want to make the story interesting. Whatever your beliefs, I don't see the wisdom in trying to explain it or make it real by using cartoon action films as the resource.

Can you imagine watching Roadrunner cartoons - one of my favorites - and deciding that you can fall off cliffs and be OK, that huge rocks dropped on your head collapse you into a folded stack temporarily, and that you can fly by strapping fireworks to your back? Paainting a hole in a rock surface is a convenient way to go through it, unless a railroad train appears in the hole. Always use railroad-free paint for safety.

Majin, the three things you listed are only real in the cartoon, they are not things you can do or see in your front yard. I would hope you would show your beliefs enough respect to keep life and cartoons separate.

Candy
2004-Dec-14, 10:53 AM
Religion aside, this thread is disturbing. Majin is 14, and is basing questions about the world, things in it, and beliefs of various sorts on CARTOONS.
Gee, I did not know. :o

um3k
2004-Dec-14, 04:47 PM
Want atheists? Go here: http://www.iidb.org/

Van Rijn
2004-Dec-14, 10:33 PM

When I read his anime comments, I was hoping he was joking. Then again, I've seen people believe in stranger things. Hey, I love fantasy, special power stories, etc. and I can easily become engrosed in a good story and care for the characters ... but I have a very solid wall between "this is story" and "this is reality." I suppose I could see how you might want that stuff to be real so badly you could cross the line and believe in it.

SkepticJ
2004-Dec-15, 02:09 AM
For skeptical discussions of anything involving religion go to www.randi.org then to the R&P forum. Or the Paranormal forum there.

For pure concentrated godless commie atheists, few places beat www.iidb.org

Enzp
2004-Dec-15, 10:26 AM
Sorry, Candy. I detected no irony and took it at face value. If I missed something, wise me up. I fear for the future of our youth. This just struck me.

Candy
2004-Dec-15, 10:47 AM
Sorry, Candy. I detected no irony and took it at face value. If I missed something, wise me up. I fear for the future of our youth. This just struck me.
You did good. I just didn't know that Anime is a cartoon. I never heard of it before. Now, if he would have said Scooby Dooby Doo... :oops:

frogesque
2004-Dec-15, 11:32 AM
Candy

Anime is a drawing style for cartoons and illustrations. It originated in Japan but is widely popular now. (if you want to see some of the drawings done an anime style go here. (http://the.animearchive.org/index2.html)The avatar in Majin Vegeta's signature is also kind of in the style. Basically it's sort of humanoid animals with or without wings/tails/claws/guns/anything-goes having way out fantasy adventures. Not my personal thing but it's an interesting art form.

WARNING I have not visited every link on that front page I gave and some may be adult or offensive in content. (a lot of anime is) I clicked a few at random and they seemed to be OK. If anyone is upset, PM me and I'll break the hot link.

Candy
2004-Dec-15, 01:30 PM
Anime is a drawing style for cartoons and illustrations.
It's different. 8-[

Ut
2004-Dec-15, 03:16 PM
Anime is a drawing style for cartoons and illustrations.
It's different. 8-[

Not really. So much of the cartoons today, and in the last 20 years, are based off this style is starting to become a standard. Think AstroBoy, Sailor Moon, or Nintendo characters like Mario, or Link/Zelda.

The most noteable characteristic of the anime style is the head. The eyes are usually huge, and have that shiny, wet, glimmery look to them. Foreheads tend to be angled and large. The heads are wide at the eyes, and narrow toward the mouth and chin. Hair tends to be insane, since just about every other feature on the anime body is exactly the same as on any other character.

Candy
2004-Dec-15, 03:37 PM
Not really. So much of the cartoons today, and in the last 20 years, are based off this style is starting to become a standard. Think AstroBoy, Sailor Moon, or Nintendo characters like Mario, or Link/Zelda.
That's cool. The only name I recognize is Mario. I guess I am a little hip? 8-[

Van Rijn
2004-Dec-15, 09:43 PM
Aside from the style issue, Japan has long done far more animation with adult or teenager/young adult themes than is common in the U.S. Recently with DVDs, mail rentals and (often) decent dubs much more material is becoming available in the U.S. Many of the stories have science fiction or fantasy themes and just as anywhere else, some are great, more are decent, and many are just plain bad. The best can be true works of art. The different cultural perspective can be very interesting (and sometimes annoying in some series - though I think women would have more complaints).

"Noir" is an example of a more adult themed story. No true superpowers or magic, the "heroes" are two young women who happen to be assasins. There are too many "Rambo moments" (only the hero seems to be able to shoot straight, or do it quickly), but it has an interesting style and music. It is definitely a dark story.

If you actually BELIEVED in some of the science fiction and fantasy themed stories, you would expect giant robots around every corner, assume secret organizations controlled the world, that aliens were among us, and that half the people you meet had superpowers, psychic abilities or could control magic ...

Nicolas
2004-Dec-15, 09:49 PM
I guess I am a little hip?

You look like a complete full-size woman to me :)

Candy
2004-Dec-15, 09:57 PM
I guess I am a little hip?

You look like a complete full-size woman to me :)
Oh, baby! http://home.att.net/~candy.stair/kiss.gif

Nicolas
2004-Dec-15, 10:10 PM
Before I get real flowers by air-mail, that was an act of pun-joking and not of flirting [remembers this sentence for the wife] :D :D

Candy
2004-Dec-15, 10:25 PM
Before I get real flowers by air-mail, that was an act of pun-joking and not of flirting [remembers this sentence for the wife] :D :D
:wink:

Ut
2004-Dec-15, 10:26 PM
Here. Let me send the misus some flowers. Then let's see the fireworks go off.

Nicolas
2004-Dec-15, 10:45 PM
Here. Let me send the misus some flowers. Then let's see the fireworks go off.

I'll tell my misses I sent her them under a different name to enhance the mistery. We'll see a different kind of fireworks then I guess. :D
TIP: she's not totally into roses, get some soft and blue flowers. :D

Candy, if you often think of yourself as a small sized body part instead of a complete person, maybe medication could help :D I don't know the name of the syndrome, but certainly people who studied medicines do. :wink:

Candy
2004-Dec-15, 10:48 PM
Candy, if you often think of yourself as a small sized body part instead of a complete person, maybe medication could help :D I don't know the name of the syndrome, but certainly people who studied medicines do. :wink:
Hey, I'm all woman. Just ask ToSeek! :P

Being hip is an expression for being cool. :lol:

Nicolas
2004-Dec-15, 10:54 PM
As Toseek's wife probably is scanning his posts already (she's at post 987 now :D ) I think he won't comment on that!

I knew the expression "being hip", I used the double meaning of "hip" as a joke. Something like "I think I'm a little hip." "Oh that's nothing, last week I thought I was a large toenail!!"

(and there goes the joke along with its explanantion. Bye joke! I'll write!).

Seems like I only succeed in getting flowers when I don't intend to... :cry: (but my misses is such a poppy!! :) She gives plants, they last longer)

Meteora
2004-Dec-16, 06:41 AM

...Which, in turn, is an expression for being compatible with the latest trends in popular culture. :D

Maksutov
2004-Dec-16, 06:46 AM

...Which, in turn, is an expression for being compatible with the latest trends in popular culture. :D
Not to mention "phat" and "sick", so I won't. 8)

Candy
2004-Dec-16, 06:55 AM

I like the term eye candy! :D

Maksutov
2004-Dec-16, 07:01 AM

I like the term eye candy! :D
Which you are of course.

Then maybe there a mistyped word in there, in which case it would be

"I Candy, you Mak."

Candy
2004-Dec-16, 08:02 AM
"I Candy, you Mak." Shouldn't I be the one to say this? :D

Maksutov
2004-Dec-16, 08:09 AM
You are correct. Hence the quotes. Feel free to quote. In fact, feel free.

BTW, since I don't like Apple computers, it's a lot better than "I Mak,..." :D

Candy
2004-Dec-16, 01:27 PM

Don't make me 'Mak you! :wink:

Maksutov
2004-Dec-16, 01:40 PM

Don't make me 'Mak you! :wink:
Hey, a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-024.gif

SciFi Chick
2004-Dec-16, 03:17 PM

Anime is a cartoon, not a history book. They make up whatever they want to make the story interesting. Whatever your beliefs, I don't see the wisdom in trying to explain it or make it real by using cartoon action films as the resource.

Can you imagine watching Roadrunner cartoons - one of my favorites - and deciding that you can fall off cliffs and be OK, that huge rocks dropped on your head collapse you into a folded stack temporarily, and that you can fly by strapping fireworks to your back? Paainting a hole in a rock surface is a convenient way to go through it, unless a railroad train appears in the hole. Always use railroad-free paint for safety.

Majin, the three things you listed are only real in the cartoon, they are not things you can do or see in your front yard. I would hope you would show your beliefs enough respect to keep life and cartoons separate.

I read that way differently than you. I got the impression that he thinks the Bible has stuff in it that's no more real than cartoons? I hope he comes back to clarify.

Bawheid
2004-Dec-16, 03:56 PM
I don't know, that whole OT "begatting and smiting" thing sounds like anime to me. :o

Enzp
2004-Dec-17, 08:54 AM
It just begat to rain, smite flood a bit if it goes on for 40 days. Help us, Mario.

Bawheid
2004-Dec-17, 11:52 AM
It just begat to rain, smite flood a bit if it goes on for 40 days. Help us, Mario.

And all the creatures of Hen-Tai went in two by two.