PDA

View Full Version : visits by ancient astronauts

scottmon
2014-Feb-07, 02:50 AM
Why would anyone believe that we would be dumb and dumber if our forefathers had not been visited by aliens ...according to some folks our forefathers could have never built pyramids...made big square blocks...one piece oblisticks...mega lifts of various kinds...standing stones...one wonders why the ancient engineers... the aliens... held back the use of the arch from our poor old forefathers...all they showed the ancients how to build was to stack up the big stone blocks... shame on the aliens!...my great grand son got the age old box of ABC blocks for his first birthday...he immediately stacked them up...got em 4 high...every one clapped their hands...monkey see monkey do...he clapped to. Now maybe the aliens were visiting him in secret at night and teaching him how to stack blocks ! alien astronauts ! whew ! ugamuga ! tell me what you think... john l. mccowen

NEOWatcher
2014-Feb-07, 01:29 PM
tell me what you think... john l. mccowen
If you read any of the threads about aliens (or even ancient civilizations), I think it would be clear to you what we (as a general rule) think on this site.

Noclevername
2014-Feb-07, 01:48 PM
Why would anyone believe that we would be dumb and dumber if our forefathers had not been visited by aliens ...according to some folks our forefathers could have never built pyramids

Why do people believe that? It's complicated. Some just want to think that they know a "secret" that makes them feel more in the know than the average person. Some are looking for a "higher power" to believe in and not finding it in conventional religion, they turn to unconventional beliefs. Some are just too arrogant to think primitive people could have accomplished great things on their own, they must have had high-tech "help".

The Dark Age Europeans used to think Roman ruins were built by giants. The Britons once thought Stonehenge was created by Merlin the Magician. This is just a modern adaptation of ancient assumptions.

Swift
2014-Feb-07, 02:09 PM
Hi scottmon, welcome to CQ.

I've moved your thread from Space Exploration to Life in Space, which seems a better place to discuss alien visitation (or the lack of it).

Please be aware that this is not the place to advocate alien visitation or other non-mainstream ideas. If you wish to do that you should do it in the either the ATM or CT sections. I would suggest you review our rules (link in my signature) for all the details. Thanks,

scottmon
2014-Feb-07, 03:47 PM
Your answer was very good .. it is the facts that will always prevail in the end.
john l. mccowen

AGN Fuel
2014-Feb-17, 09:21 AM
I always thought that Red Dwarf pretty much nailed it (and yes, I am aware that it is historically inaccurate, but it's too good... :))

Rimmer: I mean like the pyramids.How did they move such
massive pieces of stone without the aid of modern technology?

Lister: They had massive whips, Rimmer. Massive, massive whips.

publiusr
2014-Feb-21, 10:57 PM
Just one fossil transistor radio in a trashheap--that's all we ask for.

Otherwise if it's leave only footprints, there will never be proof.

Then too, if they had landed near the Deccan traps--well, Smokey Bear would be very disappointed.

"There weren't any bears back then"

Continuity nerd!