PDA

View Full Version : So long, Pedro

Donnie B.
2004-Dec-14, 12:25 AM
After seven years with the Boston Red Sox, including this year's World Series season, Pedro Martinez is going for the big paycheck. He's agreed to a 4-year, $50M deal with the New York Mets.

Well, at least it's not the Yankees.

So long, Pedro. You were the best pitcher in baseball for a lot of those years, and a joy to watch on and off the mound. Now that you're in the National League, maybe you can get a few hits to add to your pitching stats.

Normandy6644
2004-Dec-14, 12:41 AM
Yeah I saw that today. I don't think I would have guessed the Mets, but hey, it's money (I guess). I'm actually glad he didn't go to the Yankees, mostly because I don't really like him and if he were a Yankee, I don't see how I could have rooted for the Yankees.

Ut
2004-Dec-14, 04:36 AM
I don't know how you can root for the Yankees now. But hey, Pedro's in a better place now. Out of the hands of either the Sox or the Yanks.

Normandy6644
2004-Dec-14, 04:56 AM
I don't know how you can root for the Yankees now. But hey, Pedro's in a better place now. Out of the hands of either the Sox or the Yanks.

I don't really. My home is in Florida, so I'm an outward Devil Rays fan. It's actually a lot of fun, even though it can be frustrating at times. Still, no one can accuse me of bandwagoning!