PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for single dreamers....

TimH
2004-Dec-15, 05:51 PM
Terrible, just terrible my saftey net is lost.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/tennis/12/15/kournikova.married.ap/index.html

What will I do if Jessica Alba takes too long to realize she loves me... even though we have never met... :wink:

<edited to fix the link> The page not found error should be fixed

sarongsong
2004-Dec-15, 08:40 PM
Getting "Page Not Found" message to your link. :cry:
My fave 'dream quote':
"How can you hope to make any progress if you don't dream about horses?"
---Rober Koch

Silent Knight
2004-Dec-15, 08:58 PM
Terrible, just terrible my saftey net is lost.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/15/people.kournikova.reut/index.html

Fixed link.

Candy
2004-Dec-15, 09:39 PM
Enrique Iglesias is HOT! :P

Wally
2004-Dec-16, 02:58 PM
Anna K. in his video is HOT!!! I remember first seeing it a year or 2 ago, and kept thinking to myself, "man, that hot blonde sure looks alot like Anna". Couldn't believe she'd do such a steamy video at the time though. . .

SciFi Chick
2004-Dec-16, 03:03 PM

You can have him.

I'll take Orlando Bloom. :wink:

frogesque
2004-Dec-16, 03:27 PM
Anna K? No thanks.

Now Lillian Gish (http://www.dacre.org/stills/webg/page34.html) she had real style (http://www.silentsaregolden.com/photos/lilliangishphoto.html)

(OK - so I'm a Lillian Gish freak :lol: )

Maksutov
2004-Dec-16, 03:42 PM
Anna K. in his video is HOT!!! I remember first seeing it a year or 2 ago, and kept thinking to myself, "man, that hot blonde sure looks alot like Anna". Couldn't believe she'd do such a steamy video at the time though. . .
On the topic of hot chicks, my preferences would tend not toward actresses, but toward real people, such as

Sue Bird (http://www.suebird10.net/1suecollegeindex.html), formerly of my Connecticut Huskies, and currently with the Seattle Storm. Smart, beautiful, and athletic. And a good person. Wow!

Then there's Sherri Coale (http://www.soonersports.com/pdf7/9011.pdf?ATCLID=80256&SPSID=2534&SPID=193&DB_LANG= C&DB_OEM_ID=300). Although the coach of a rival school, she embodies the same characteristics as Sue Bird. Too bad she's married.

And there's our own SciFi Chick (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/babbalbum/detail?.dir=7fff&.dnm=13f8.jpg), who pushed the Babe-O-Meter off its dial!

The grass is not always greener!

SciFi Chick
2004-Dec-16, 03:44 PM
Maksutov -- you make me blush. :D

You're so sweet. Picture the kiss and flowers icon from FWIS being posted here. :wink:

jrkeller
2004-Dec-17, 02:07 AM
And there's our own SciFi Chick (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/babbalbum/detail?.dir=7fff&.dnm=13f8.jpg), who pushed the Babe-O-Meter off its dial!

I'd have to agree with that.

I have to agree with Maksutov on his choices. I prefer women who are more than a pretty face. Unless of course it's Pamela Anderson (scarasm) :^o

Moose
2004-Dec-17, 02:12 AM
Yeah, I have to admit that plastic doesn't do much for me. I'm far more attracted to "all natural" with all the little quirks and individualities.

hedin
2004-Dec-17, 02:18 AM
you guys can have Anna Kournikova, and Lillian Gish for all I care. '
I just want my girlfriend :D

jrkeller
2004-Dec-17, 02:26 AM

Being in a post divorce phase right now, looking and maybe a very casual date or two is all I'm after.

HerrProfessorDoktor
2004-Dec-17, 02:42 AM
I'm far more attracted to "all natural" with all the little quirks and individualities.

Especially if one of those quirks is bad eyesight. Girls with glasses, Ooooooo :o

(Not to mention, bad eyesight can only work in my favor...)

hedin
2004-Dec-17, 02:46 AM

Being in a post divorce phase right now, looking and maybe a very casual date or two is all I'm after.

I met the woman of my dreams and I searched for 31 years 2 kids and a broken marriage so never give up :D

jrkeller
2004-Dec-17, 03:02 AM
I met the woman of my dreams and I searched for 31 years 2 kids and a broken marriage so never give up :D

I haven't given up at all. I've got three kids to take care of and that takes a lot of time. I know that I'm not over the marriage, so I think it would be wrong to try and start a serious relationship and possibly end up hurting someone.

When in comes to dating, I've always been very sucessful (in a good way), so I'm really not worried. Plus I've got plenty of women friends to talk to, go out with etc.

sarongsong
2004-Dec-17, 07:29 AM
...Especially if one of those quirks is bad eyesight. Girls with glasses, Ooooooo :o
(Not to mention, bad eyesight can only work in my favor...)
Watch the beer intake! :lol:
Men's Health Eye Chart (http://www.menshealth.com/eyechart/index.html) :o

Wally
2004-Dec-17, 12:48 PM
Just got in a bit of a situation with the girl I've been dating for the past 6 months or so over the issue of "seriousness". She felt I've been pulling back (which I have) and so I had to admit to her that I sensed she was wanting more out of the relationship than I was willing to give right now (I had planned on holding off on this subject until after the holidays). She wasn't very happy to hear that, and left in tears (I hate that. . . ). After a few phone conversations, she realized I wasn't asking to break up with her. I was just stating a fact from my perspective. The ball's in her court now on whether she can live with it, or if she feels she needs to look elsewhere for someone who might be able to give her more devotion.

Hope that doesn't sound cold, but I'm no where near ready for another serious relationship yet (if ever) after only being divorced for a year and a half.

Candy
2004-Dec-17, 01:30 PM
Hope that doesn't sound cold, but I'm no where near ready for another serious relationship yet (if ever) after only being divorced for a year and a half.
I don't find it cold. I'm just wondering why you didn't tell her how you felt at the very beginning. Or did you?

The last man I was remotely interested in and started dating, was told after the 3rd date that I wasn't interested in anything serious. I explained to him that I work full-time (weird hours), and I go to school full-time (study weirder hours). Not to sound selfish, I just wanted someone to feel intimate with (like a best friend). Someone to hang with during down time, so to speak.

I made it very clear that it could not go any further, as in a serious relationship for at least a year. At first, he was okay with the situation, but quickly realized that I was serious with my work and school schedule. He would create drama, which totally turned me off toward him. I ended up ending it after a couple of months.

I didn't feel bad about the situation, because I told him upfront. Now, I am just going to lay low with dating until June (meaning no dating). Then I will re-evaluate my life. :D

Wally
2004-Dec-17, 02:14 PM
I don't find it cold. I'm just wondering why you didn't tell her how you felt at the very beginning. Or did you?

:D

Yep, I did! She pursued me pretty hard last summer, but she wasn't really my type (plus I was still harboring feelings for a girl I dated last Spring). I finally told her outright that I wasn't looking for anything serious, but if she was content to just date and have fun together, I would be willing. She said that was all she was looking for as well. Looking back, I'm pretty sure she was lying (either to me, or to herself) at the time, and as the months went by, she got worse and worse at hiding her feelings. Such things as calling almost every day, getting a bit p.o'd when I'd go off for a weekend with my buddies hunting or what-not, wanting (and succeeding) to introduce me to her family and friends, that kind of thing. . .

Tobin Dax
2004-Dec-17, 03:09 PM

Man, what is this? It took me half an hour to realize that SciFi Chick reminded me of Caitlin Brown when I first saw that picture. Now I read this the day after watching a late Bablyon 5 ep with Na'Toth. :o They're linked, I tell you! :wink:

Oh, and since I haven't said this yet, yes, she did. I think he needle on mine is stuck, but since there was smoke coming from it, I doubt that the meter would work properly anymore anyway. :D 8-[

jrkeller
2004-Dec-17, 04:28 PM
The last man I was remotely interested in and started dating, was told after the 3rd date that I wasn't interested in anything serious. I explained to him that I work full-time (weird hours), and I go to school full-time (study weirder hours). Not to sound selfish, I just wanted someone to feel intimate with (like a best friend). Someone to hang with during down time, so to speak.

I made it very clear that it could not go any further, as in a serious relationship for at least a year. At first, he was okay with the situation, but quickly realized that I was serious with my work and school schedule. He would create drama, which totally turned me off toward him. I ended up ending it after a couple of months.

My college roommate had an great saying for this situation, "The right person will wait, no matter how long it takes"

Moose
2004-Dec-17, 04:32 PM
A good saying.

Nicolas
2004-Dec-17, 05:10 PM
I personally don't give that saying much value, because I have a different vision about the right person. If somebody loves you (and vice versa), you want to wait with a deeper relation and the person wants to wait as well, he's the right person. If you love each other and you both don't want to wait, he's the right person as well. If you love each other, but one of you does not want to wait and the other wants/must because of various reasons (occupation emotional life) he can still be the right person (you love each other), but you meet each other at the wrong time.

To me it seems very reasonable that you love someone really hard, but you don't want to wait with a deeper relation for some more years, so you let each other go, just not to chain yourself to each other in a situation you don't want with a person you do want. Not a pleasant decision, but certainly not unreasonable. I don't believe in "if you REALLY love each other, you will wait anyhow, and no matter how long". If you don't really have a need for a deep realtionship now, sure you'll wait. But if you're really needing someone who takes care of you (and vice versa) right now, it is very well possible you won't, no matter how happy you would be to be with the person you love now. There is a difference between a person's hopes and his needs.

It's not that I don't believe in waiting, in fact I'm kind of waiting myself for some years because of practical reasons (occupation/geographical). But we agreed from the start how the first years would be. I want someone with me day and night, but I don't NEED one now, so I continue to wait for the broadening of the relationship. If I really NEEDED someone who was always there, I probably would have stopped the current relationship in order to find something that fits my NEEDS better, even if I loved my special one just as hard as I do now.

Candy
2004-Dec-17, 05:53 PM
I finally told her outright that I wasn't looking for anything serious, but if she was content to just date and have fun together, I would be willing.
Have you ever thought about moving to Chicago? :wink:

Wally
2004-Dec-17, 06:22 PM
You flirt you! :lol:

Candy
2004-Dec-17, 06:32 PM
You flirt you! :lol:
Who? Me? :P

Tuckerfan
2004-Dec-17, 08:58 PM

My college roommate had an great saying for this situation, "The right person will wait, no matter how long it takes"Yes, but if I have to wait much longer, I'll forget what it was I was waiting for. :o

Candy
2004-Dec-17, 09:12 PM
Yes, but if I have to wait much longer, I'll forget what it was I was waiting for. :o
Me, too! :-?

2004-Dec-18, 06:07 PM
Well, I'm only going to blame myself for my own mistakes. I'll wait and wait and wait; and - que serra! :D :D :D :D :D 8-[ 8-[

Candy
2004-Dec-18, 10:14 PM
que serra!
Doris Day :D

sarongsong
2004-Dec-19, 12:36 AM
Tom Petty (http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Tom-Petty/The-Waiting.html):
"...the waiting is the hardest part..." :lol:

2004-Dec-19, 02:39 PM
que serra!
Doris Day :D

Whip crack away... :D :o

frogesque
2004-Dec-19, 04:18 PM
Deadwood

lyford
2004-Dec-19, 06:37 PM
am i missing something or did this thread morph into the word association post? :lol:

Candy
2004-Dec-19, 06:38 PM
Ed Wood "worst director of all time"

Candy
2004-Dec-19, 06:41 PM
am i missing something or did this thread morph into the word association post? :lol:
I thought it was! #-o

Hey, I've slept 4 hours in the last two days. :o

:lol:

SciFi Chick
2004-Dec-19, 06:47 PM
A note to all those who like my picture - you have put me on cloud 9, and it has been oh, so helpful to think about as I study for my finals. :D

gzhpcu
2004-Dec-19, 07:10 PM
Well, I'm only going to blame myself for my own mistakes. I'll wait and wait and wait; and - que serra! :D :D :D :D :D 8-[ 8-[

All I can say, is it is worthwhile waiting for the right person. Waited an awfully long time, unexpectedly, she popped up out of nowheres. (and she can even discuss cosmology and string theory... besides being a fantastic tennis player and darn cute to boot... :D )

frogesque
2004-Dec-19, 10:37 PM

ROFL. Like Candy I thought it was too - I'm choked with a cold just now and not feeling too bright :lol:

(Thinks, needs tender ministrations and someone to pet a fevered brow)

Gullible Jones
2004-Dec-19, 11:44 PM
Wait a minute... Kournikova? Isn't there some e-mail worm named after her?

Richard of Chelmsford
2004-Dec-20, 12:03 AM

Yes, but he's married now.

jrkeller
2004-Dec-20, 03:43 AM
Wait a minute... Kournikova? Isn't there some e-mail worm named after her?

Yes there is. We got a bunch of them here at work. Fortunately our anti-virus got it before it became a problem.

gzhpcu
2004-Dec-20, 04:15 AM
Actually, while I do not know Kournikova, my girl friend does! She used to train with her at Nick Bollitieri's camp in Florida when they were teenagers. :) So, I am just "once removed" from Anna.

Richard of Chelmsford
2004-Dec-23, 01:03 PM

Yes, but he's married now.

Oh, sorry. Stp press.

False alarm, he isn't married after all.

Chance for you yet, Candy.