PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the deprived ravings of a mad man

Mareykan
2014-Apr-03, 01:58 AM
For the past months I've kept a notebook in which I would write what ever came to mind... ranging from poems to short stories.

Not really written I guess, in a technical sense. Although I am literate, I can write (I wouldn't call it writing per say) differently. The "words" are scribbled out often times misspelled, sloppily drawn, fused (IE: Withe = With the) and unfinished (Most words end with a squiggle) not to mention the horrid grammar. This creates a near illegible script; however, I can read it. We not really read, I see the "words" and I remember what they mean. Pardon the digression, I tend to get distracted and I do enjoy typing about my self.

So I am almost out of pages and I am unsure what to do with this, well, ravings. What do you think I should do with them? It is important to note that my works were never be approved for publishing. Most of the poems are extremely vulgar, tasteless, and frankly offensive. While the short stories remain unfinished, ending abruptly with either a deus ex machina or no conclusive ending.

NoChoice
2014-Apr-03, 02:42 AM
For the past months I've kept a notebook in which I would write what ever came to mind... ranging from poems to short stories.

Not really written I guess, in a technical sense. Although I am literate, I can write (I wouldn't call it writing per say) differently. The "words" are scribbled out often times misspelled, sloppily drawn, fused (IE: Withe = With the) and unfinished (Most words end with a squiggle) not to mention the horrid grammar. This creates a near illegible script; however, I can read it. We not really read, I see the "words" and I remember what they mean. Pardon the digression, I tend to get distracted and I do enjoy typing about my self.

So I am almost out of pages and I am unsure what to do with this, well, ravings. What do you think I should do with them? It is important to note that my works were never be approved for publishing. Most of the poems are extremely vulgar, tasteless, and frankly offensive. While the short stories remain unfinished, ending abruptly with either a deus ex machina or no conclusive ending.

I would suggest 2 main options:

1. Use it as a spiritual "stream of consciousness" exercise. This exercise can reveal remarkable insights into the working of the mind and - if you go beyond the mind - consciousness.

2. If 1. doesn't make sense to you and you have an open fireplace in your home: paper makes an excellent fire starter.

filrabat
2014-Apr-03, 04:13 AM

If you can bring yourself to do so, try rewriting them in more formal English so people can understand them. You never know who or what those words will inspire.