PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise and Smooth-Headed Klingons

SeanF
2004-Dec-19, 12:40 AM
Enterprise is going to do a two-part episode later this season that will, supposedly, explain why the Klingons had smooth foreheads during Kirk's era.

They say (http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/8695.html) they're taking into consideration the established "fact" that the same characters have appeared both as smooth-heads and bumpy-heads, so it won't simply be a different "race" or "ethnicity" of Klingon.

Interesting . . .

Fortis
2004-Dec-19, 01:07 AM
Enterprise is going to do a two-part episode later this season that will, supposedly, explain why the Klingons had smooth foreheads during Kirk's era.

They say (http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/8695.html) they're taking into consideration the established "fact" that the same characters have appeared both as smooth-heads and bumpy-heads, so it won't simply be a different "race" or "ethnicity" of Klingon.

Interesting . . .
Klingon cosmetic surgery. One of those faddish things that appear from time to time. ;)

tracer
2004-Dec-20, 02:23 AM
"We prefer not to discuss it outside the Empire."

-- Worf, "Trials and Tribble-ations"

Disinfo Agent
2004-Dec-20, 07:49 PM
A mutation.

Jim
2004-Dec-20, 08:43 PM
Klingon cosmetic surgery. One of those faddish things that appear from time to time. ;)

Botox.

Grey
2004-Dec-20, 08:52 PM
"We prefer not to discuss it outside the Empire."

-- Worf, "Trials and Tribble-ations"
I was really entertained by the fact that they acknowledged the discontinuity, but just brushed the whole thing under the rug. :)

TravisM
2004-Dec-20, 09:16 PM
Maybe its the phage...

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2004-Dec-20, 09:19 PM
Maybe its the phage...

It would make a Certain amount of Sense ...

In Voyager, Klingons are, Immune to It.

How do they Catch it though, or do the Videans, Catch it from them?

Swift
2004-Dec-20, 09:27 PM
Teen fad, like body-piercing. Punk Klingon got their heads smoothed; anything to annoy the parental units.
It just got ugly when they turned middle-aged. :wink:

sts60
2005-Jan-10, 10:04 PM
I loved the DS9 (I think) episode where they went back into the "Tribbles" episode from the original. The digital insertion of the actors into the original episode scenes was seamless. Best of all, though, is when they first see the smooth-head Klingons, and one of the characters asks, "Those are Klingons?!?!?", and his disguised Klingon companion mutters embarassedly, "It's a long story." :D

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Jan-10, 10:13 PM
I loved the DS9 (I think) episode where they went back into the "Tribbles" episode from the original. The digital insertion of the actors into the original episode scenes was seamless. Best of all, though, is when they first see the smooth-head Klingons, and one of the characters asks, "Those are Klingons?!?!?", and his disguised Klingon companion mutters embarassedly, "It's a long story." :D

Worf, then Adds, "We do not discuss it, with Outsiders!"

:evil:

Chuck
2005-Jan-10, 11:58 PM
Maybe those Klingons had previously captured a Ferengi ship and had spent the last few months slamming their foreheads into the tops of low doorways.

mike alexander
2005-Jan-11, 03:33 AM
I'm guessing they ran out of Bondo.
:D

Colt
2005-Jan-11, 05:51 AM
It's been theorized that it was due to genetic modification to save them from a plague or something like that. Somewhere in the canon there is evidence supporting that anyway. I used to hang out at the trekbbs.com forums a lot back in the day when I was a young one. - Colt

captain swoop
2005-Jan-11, 11:12 AM
Maybe it was so they could go undercover when spying on the federation.

Fortis
2005-Jan-11, 11:59 AM
Or they banned the use of "forehead grinders"? ;)