PDA

View Full Version : “Bright Light” on Mars is Just an Image Artifact

Fraser
2014-Apr-08, 05:30 PM
Thanks to everyone who has emailed, Tweeted and texted me about the “artificial bright light” seen on Mars. And I’m so sorry to disappoint all the folks who were hoping for aliens, but what you see above is just an image artifact due to a cosmic ray hitting the right-side navigation camera on the Curiosity […]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/111040/bright-light-on-mars-is-just-an-image-artifact/)

Buttercup
2014-Apr-08, 05:42 PM
Yahoo news had a headline, regarding that photo...SANS the actual photo. :rolleyes:

redshifter
2014-Apr-08, 05:45 PM
I'll never understand the 'logic' (if any) used by the folks who think any anomaly in any photo from Mars (or the moon, etc.) must therefore be evidence of advanced alien life and NASA is obviously trying to cover it up. If there really was advanced life on Mars or alien bases/artifacts on the moon, etc. wouldn't NASA be waving the evidence all over the place in anticipation of a vast budget increase to send more probes and/or manned missions to those places?

Buttercup
2014-Apr-08, 05:47 PM
I'll never understand the 'logic' (if any) used by the folks who think any anomaly in any photo from Mars (or the moon, etc.) must therefore be evidence of advanced alien life and NASA is obviously trying to cover it up. If there really was advanced life on Mars or alien bases/artifacts on the moon, etc. wouldn't NASA be waving the evidence all over the place in anticipation of a vast budget increase to send more probes and/or manned missions to those places?

:clap:

publiusr
2014-Apr-11, 09:17 PM
Marvin just dropped his Ray-O-vac, s'all