PDA

View Full Version : Sig Files

captain swoop
2004-Dec-20, 02:54 PM
Sig files. I had to change it. cthuggle.com doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I have noticed that all my previous posts have the new sig!

edit to break link

frogesque
2004-Dec-20, 03:35 PM
Sig files. I had to change it. w w w. cthuggle.com doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I have noticed that all my previous posts have the new sig!

Would it be possible to break the hot link please, it took me to a site titled Find It and when I clicked off I get a pop up asking if I want to change my home page. (Check for spyware/malware on my pc showed up clean)

I realise it's not your fault and that these hijacking sites infest the web. At least this one did ask. :lol:

beskeptical
2004-Dec-21, 03:03 AM
Frog., get a pop up blocker and spyware/adware hunt and destroy software. They are free on the net. If you don't, the problem will recur from thousands of sites you visit.

I'll go find the links and add a post if someone doesn't beat me to it.

beskeptical
2004-Dec-21, 03:05 AM
OK, I did a search and your post saying you were using the software came up. So ignore my previous post.

Here's the scoop from the expert teenager in the house:

You are using the right anti-adware programs, and the "do you want to change your homepage" popup is unavoidable, it is a script in the HTML. If you switch to Firefox (google it, it's a different internet browser), it no longer comes in the form of an annoying popup. You probably still have some form of spyware on your computer, but it will not be visible if you use Firefox.