PDA

View Full Version : Would human still be alive today if the Dinosaurs never went extinct?

AlphaCentauri
2014-Apr-30, 02:02 AM
So my question is if earth was never hit by asteroids and the dinosaurs never went extinct. Would human have still evolved? How would the earth look like today? What would be the dominant species on Earth?

Thank you

just curious :D

galacsi
2014-Apr-30, 09:13 AM
Yes of course because Dinosaurs rules the Earth !Don't you know it ? : http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/05/why-dinosaurs-may-still-rule-the-earth-2156157.html

I think it is a Japonese SF writer ,named Toyota , who was the first to launch this idea in the arena. There also books from a scottish SF writer ,Ken MacLeod,that use the idea with his Saurs.

It may be totally wrong , but it is not stupid ,and it is the kind of speculation I love.

swampyankee
2014-Apr-30, 09:15 AM
So my question is if earth was never hit by asteroids and the dinosaurs never went extinct. Would human have still evolved? How would the earth look like today? What would be the dominant species on Earth?

Thank you

just curious :D

Dominant species? Not answerable.

What would Earth look like? Pretty much the same. Some areas don't get deforested, filled in, desertified, or covered by dam impoundments, but the we're not that significant, and the asteroid wasn't that big. Oh, and the human-caused great extinction event wouldn't be happening, although if there is a different tool-using civilization, they're not unlikely to cause a different great extinction.

Would humans have evolved? Almost certainly not, as evolution is too random.