PDA

View Full Version : The Physics of Santa Claus

ToSeek
2004-Dec-23, 06:19 PM
The Physics of Santa Claus (http://www.physorg.com/news2487.html)

Calculations maintain that the laws of physics should prevent Santa Claus from delivering all his gifts and that Santa would burn up in the atmosphere if he tried. The internet magazine, forskning.no, has put together a team of four top researchers to look into the case. The panelís conclusion is clear: Santa can do the job and Christmas is saved!

Maha Vailo
2004-Dec-23, 08:29 PM
:lol:

I always thought Santa simply realized all his quantum states at once. That's why children aren't supposed to go looking for him, since that would collapse his waveform.

- Maha "searching for Schroedinger's (sp?) reindeer" Vailo

2004-Dec-23, 09:01 PM
I always thought that he had some sort of time dilation technology that would effectively speed up time in a bubble around him. So basically he can zip from place to place like the flash.

Ari Jokimaki
2004-Dec-24, 05:58 AM

I always thought Santa simply realized all his quantum states at once. That's why children aren't supposed to go looking for him, since that would collapse his waveform.

It's a different issue in Finland. Here Santa meets every family in person in Christmas Eve.

However, I think that there are at least two Santas, because Finnish Santa Claus lives in Lappland's Korvatunturi and American Santa Claus lives in North Pole.

Maksutov
2004-Dec-24, 06:06 AM
In 797 years robotic Santa Claus will live on Neptune and visit Earth each Xmas Eve. And no matter how hard you try, you will be judged as "very naughty", so...

He knows when you are sleeping,
He knows when you're on the can,
He'll hunt you down and blast your [butt] from here to Pakistan!
Ohhhh,
You'd better not breathe,
You'd better not move,
You're better off dead,
I'm telling you dude,
Santa Claus is gunning you down!
http://img155.exs.cx/img155/6285/futuramaxmas7et.th.jpg (http://img155.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img155&image=futuramaxmas7et.jpg)

[edit/add thumbnail]

Theta Orionis
2004-Dec-24, 06:39 AM

Makgraf
2004-Dec-24, 06:51 AM

So Heisenberg is zipping down the highway when he hears a siren behind him. He stops and a police officer stalks up towards him.
"Do you know how fast you were going?!"
"No officer. But I do know exactly where I am."

Chuck
2004-Dec-24, 06:53 AM
Santa is immortal and has a time machine. It doesn't matter how much time he spends at each house since he travels back through time after every few visits.

Raptor1967
2004-Dec-24, 04:31 PM
NO NO NO

You see there is a Master Santa that lives at the north pole. He commands his legions of SubSantas to deliver the toys built buy billions of elves living under the ice at the north pole. There are actually millions of Santas each with there own image and resposibilties in charge of the various countries and cities..

I had to come up with this to explain all the Santa's in the malls and street corners to my kids.

Now can someone explain to me why I am lying to my kids :)

Donnie B.
2004-Dec-24, 06:54 PM
There can't be billions of elves under the ice, or at least not as many as there used to be. The north polar ice is melting due to that pesky non-existent global warming. :wink:

Maybe if you have to go that far to keep the myth alive for your kids, they're old enough to know the truth... :-?

Ut
2004-Dec-24, 07:05 PM
Foolish mortals! Do you not realize that the elves, workshop, and everything Santaesque are hyperdimensional and therefore undetectable!

Lycus
2004-Dec-24, 07:16 PM
In 797 years robotic Santa Claus will live on Neptune and visit Earth each Xmas Eve. And no matter how hard you try, you will be judged as "very naughty", so...
"Your mistletoe is no match for my TOW missile!"

Classic.

Tranquility
2004-Dec-24, 08:07 PM
You see there is a Master Santa that lives at the north pole. He commands his legions of SubSantas to deliver the toys built buy billions of elves living under the ice at the north pole. There are actually millions of Santas each with there own image and resposibilties in charge of the various countries and cities..

I had to come up with this to explain all the Santa's in the malls and street corners to my kids.

Good, because I was freaking out as I started to imagine little baby santas with white beards running around distributing gifts. Turns out you mean normal fully grown Santas. :o

Chuck
2004-Dec-29, 02:10 AM
http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df9312/df931224.jpg