PDA

View Full Version : Jpeg and Tiff files..maybe even gif file

Gorn
2014-Jun-08, 02:30 AM
Hello...I would like to know what is the best 'program' or application that someone is supposed to or should use for the best results when it comes to
download and or viewing these 'picture' files? Is there a program that people might have by default or that they could download?

Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
G.

NoChoice
2014-Jun-08, 03:03 AM
Hello...I would like to know what is the best 'program' or application that someone is supposed to or should use for the best results when it comes to
download and or viewing these 'picture' files? Is there a program that people might have by default or that they could download?

Downloading and viewing are usually tasks handled by different software.
Search for "download manager" and you'll find plenty of free or low-cost software that handle all file types, not just images. I like Download Studio (not freeware).

Likewise, search for "image viewer" and you'll find plenty. Many of them freeware.
I like XnView, which is free. It handles virtually all image files, even rather exotic ones.

Solfe
2014-Jun-08, 03:55 AM
I like having edit capabilities when I am viewing, so I use Gimp all the time. When I am on my chromebook, I use a light weight editor called Pixlr.

slang
2014-Jun-08, 04:22 PM
You don't mention which OS. For Windows, Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/) has been my favorite for years.

(and moved to OTB, not really a suitable question for the Q&A forum)