PDA

View Full Version : Snow Snow Snow

NASA Fan
2004-Dec-25, 01:28 AM
It's snowing, it's snowing.

That may not be much for some of you, but I live in Houston where it almost never snows.

Granted it is not staying on the ground, but rather melting the minute it touches down, but it is still fun to see.

I think this is the first time in years when I have seen snow on Christmas eve.

jrkeller
2004-Dec-25, 01:38 AM
I was just about to post this too. The last time it snowed in Houston, at least more than a few flakes was 14 years ago, on of all days December 24th.

semi-sentient
2004-Dec-25, 01:39 AM
Wow... cool. I'm in San Antonio and I'm hoping we get some also. We had a few sprinkles earlier (more like a light 10-second hail), but I want to see some sticking snow...

jrkeller
2004-Dec-25, 01:43 AM
It really is snow, not hail or sleet.

Joe The Dude
2004-Dec-25, 05:04 AM
I remember the last Houston snow in december of 1989.
(EDIT: Or was it Jan of 1990?)
I was stuck in Dallas.

What's worse is that by the time I made it to Houston, the snow had melted there, and it started snowing in Dallas.
#-o

Man, I miss having snowball fights...

NASA Fan
2004-Dec-25, 02:58 PM
It was before Christmas. I remember that on the news they interviewed a plumber who commented that Santa had brought Houston plumbers an early Christmas present--busted pipes--lots of work.

Normandy6644
2004-Dec-25, 07:22 PM
No snow in Florida today, just rain. I'll get plenty when I go back to NY after break though!

Brady Yoon
2004-Dec-26, 03:36 AM
Anaheim...70 degrees.. :P

Candy
2004-Dec-26, 04:11 AM
Roselle/Schaumburg, Illinois

15...N/AF (-9...N/AC)
Snow Showers

1-2 inches accumulation expected through the night.

NASA Fan
2004-Dec-26, 02:21 PM

15...N/AF (-9...N/AC)
Snow Showers

But you are in Chicargo where that is not unusual--I am in Houston where one of our Jokes in the summer is that we are not afraid of going to Heck if we die during the summer--it will be cooler. :lol:

Candy
2004-Dec-26, 02:28 PM

15...N/AF (-9...N/AC)
Snow Showers

But you are in Chicargo where that is not unusual--I am in Houston where one of our Jokes in the summer is that we are not afraid of going to Heck if we die during the summer--it will be cooler. :lol:
With the large amount of posters viewing from all over the world here, don't you find it exciting that our great country is vastly different (in more ways than one)? I do. 8)

I grew up in the midwest, where snow is the norm. I can't remember a time when I found snow exciting. I love seeing it in you, though. It makes my day. :D

crateris
2004-Dec-27, 03:41 AM
It's snowing, it's snowing.

That may not be much for some of you, but I live in Houston where it almost never snows.

Granted it is not staying on the ground, but rather melting the minute it touches down, but it is still fun to see.

I think this is the first time in years when I have seen snow on Christmas eve.

(Whispers so "THEY" won't hear)

You ain't seen none of them chemtrails lately, have ya? There's talk somone seen some just before the "snow" hit. I think "they" are messin' wit' the weather and are tryin' to make us all into eskimos or sumpin!

:lol:

C.

Ari Jokimaki
2004-Dec-27, 09:32 AM
I was skiing yesterday for the first time this winter. It was fun, didn't fall down. It was a short trip (only 6 km), just to get a feel of it.

cyswxman
2004-Dec-27, 12:58 PM
What was incredible was the general 1-3 inches of snow in the Rio Grande Valley, including 1.5 inches in Brownsville, TX!! That was their first measurable snow since February of 1895!!

frogesque
2004-Dec-27, 01:06 PM
What was incredible was the general 1-3 inches of snow in the Rio Grande Valley, including 1.5 inches in Brownsville, TX!! That was their first measurable snow since February of 1895!!

It's all this global warming :wink: