PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Unveils Commercial CST-100 ‘Space Taxi’ to Launch US Astronauts to Space from

Fraser
2014-Jun-12, 03:10 AM
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, FL – Boeing unveiled a full scale mockup of their CST-100 commercial ‘space taxi’ on Monday, June 9, at the new home of its future manufacturing facility at the Kennedy Space Center located inside a refurbished facility that most recently was used to prepare NASA’s space shuttle orbiters for missions to the […]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/105587/boeing-unveils-commercial-cst-100-space-taxi-to-launch-us-astronauts-to-space-from-us-soil/)

Ivan Bilic
2014-Jun-12, 06:02 AM
I would like to see Boeing developing it's own lifter too. How come they concentrated only on the capsule? I mean, Boeing is big company with resources, organisation and technology. They could off engage in rocket production as well.

NEOWatcher
2014-Jun-12, 01:45 PM
I would like to see Boeing developing it's own lifter too. How come they concentrated only on the capsule? I mean, Boeing is big company with resources, organisation and technology. They could off engage in rocket production as well.
Boeing does have it's own lifters. They operate as part of ULA which has Atlas and Delta.
The capsule was designed for any launch vehicle, it just takes adapters.