PDA

View Full Version : After Work Indulgences!

megrfl
2014-Jun-27, 05:30 AM
A 28 yr old male co-worker dumped an entire milk shake on his pants in the crotchtal area yesterday. A recently retired Marine with an exceptional sense of humor felt it important to point this out to everyone, explaining it was the most irritating thing to have this mostly wet, yet stiffening goo on his pants.

When his shift was over, he said his farewells and I responded seriously, "Get home and get those pants off." This caused lots of good natured jiving and a discussion on what's the first thing you do when you get home after work.

The girls agreed, clothes off and the most comfy thing we can find is put on, but first and foremost the greetings of our loves with a kiss and hug and smiles and silliness. Even if our loves might be a cat or dog. Mine includes cats, but mostly my greeting is by a very tall and adorable adult male homo sapien.

What's your after work indulgence? What do you look forward to most after work or any extended outing?

Gigabyte
2014-Jun-27, 05:33 AM
This is exactly why you should always have a spare pair of pants in your vehicle at all times. For example, you are waiting in line at Dunkin Donuts, and you have an "incident", and you have to go back to work, what then? Oh yes, what then?

Just saying. Spare pants.

kevin1981
2014-Jun-27, 12:12 PM
After work i always enjoy a nice warm bubble bath, it is usually the first thing i do.

Swift
2014-Jun-27, 01:27 PM
Sleep

KaiYeves
2014-Jun-27, 01:41 PM
Given that I'm currently doing archaeological excavation, showering and putting on fresh clothes and drinking lots of water.

Trebuchet
2014-Jun-27, 02:41 PM
Work? What's that? Oh yeah, that thing I retired from a few years back!

For the last few years I did work, what I did immediately afterwards was stay there and use their high speed internet, because we didn't have it at home. The first thing upon getting home has ALWAYS been taking my shoes off! I hate shoes.

Senior Service
2014-Jun-27, 03:19 PM
Work? What's that? Oh yeah, that thing I retired from a few years back!

It all looks different when you never have to do it again, doesn't it?

Back when I did work it was into shorts and a t-shirt and have a beer.

Noclevername
2014-Jun-27, 03:31 PM
Back when I did work it was into shorts and a t-shirt and have a beer.

You got paid for wearing shorts and a t-shirt and having a beer? What were you, a beer model? :D

Senior Service
2014-Jun-27, 03:39 PM
Until my figure went, it's a young man's game . . .

Fazor
2014-Jun-27, 03:39 PM
Given that I'm currently doing archaeological excavation, showering and putting on fresh clothes and drinking lots of water.

I'd been away from the boards for a while, Kai. That's awesome to hear! Seems like yesterday you were just starting your school. You kids grow up so fast! ;)

Noclevername
2014-Jun-27, 03:41 PM
Welcome back, Fazor!

I wish I had work to indulge after. I'm on disability

Solfe
2014-Jun-27, 03:53 PM
I enjoy my walk home, meeting my kids at the bus stop and planning dinner over an ice cold kids beverage. Usually lemonade, but sometimes limeade.

Gigabyte
2014-Jun-27, 04:08 PM
After work i always enjoy a nice warm bubble bath, it is usually the first thing i do. That used to be me! Hot bubble bath, soaking the aches and pains away.

But now ... things are so different.

megrfl
2014-Jun-27, 04:12 PM
The first thing upon getting home has ALWAYS been taking my shoes off! I hate shoes.

My shoes usually come off as soon as I get in the car. I love shoes, but I really really hate wearing them.

Gigabyte
2014-Jun-27, 04:18 PM
Sometimes I will work barefoot, that's how much I hate wearing shoes. Then the fire ants attack, and all of a sudden, shoes are good.

megrfl
2014-Jun-27, 04:27 PM
I enjoy my walk home, meeting my kids at the bus stop and planning dinner over an ice cold kids beverage. Usually lemonade, but sometimes limeade.

Love this. :) I miss those days, my little ones are 19 & 22 now. It goes by way too fast.

Fazor
2014-Jun-27, 05:20 PM
To answer the OP - After greeting my dogs (and wife if she's home, though I typically get home first,) I change into non-work clothes and then just whatever's on my list of things to-do. The link in my signature is something that takes a great deal of time.

ETA: Hey! My signature is gone! Oh well. Video gaming blog. So busy either writing, playing, interviewing, recording podcast, etc.

KaiYeves
2014-Jun-27, 06:31 PM
I'd been away from the boards for a while, Kai. That's awesome to hear! Seems like yesterday you were just starting your school. You kids grow up so fast! ;)

Well, I'm still in college, though I can't believe I'll be a senior in the fall! And sometimes I still can't believe I'm lucky enough to be on such a great field school!

LookingSkyward
2014-Jun-27, 06:52 PM
Kai, is there any chance you can tell us a little bit about your dig? I know I'm interested, and I'm sure others are as well.

For me, I talk to my wife on Ham radio on the way home, and then hugs from the family and scratches for the dogs. Then I plop & read for a bit. Dinner & sleep.

Swift
2014-Jun-27, 07:03 PM
Kai, is there any chance you can tell us a little bit about your dig? I know I'm interested, and I'm sure others are as well.

I'd love to hear about it too.

DaveC426913
2014-Jun-27, 07:47 PM
A fat cigar and a tumbler o' rum.

Torsten
2014-Jun-27, 10:36 PM
Today it's a cold beer, as I click through my favorite websites, leaning back in the swivel chair with my feet on the desk. It's a simple pleasure after a day of digging soil pits and exploring along a transect several km long.

slang
2014-Jun-27, 10:59 PM
To answer the OP - After greeting my dogs (and wife if she's home, though I typically get home first,) I change into non-work clothes and then just whatever's on my list of things to-do. The link in my signature is something that takes a great deal of time.

I didn't post in the missing members thread, but yeah, good to see you here :)

So, back on-topic: yup yup, the honey-do list is high on the after-work activities priorities, but not something I look forward to to indulge in... I look forward to put on some cycling clothes, grab a bottle of water, and go out on the bike, even if only for an hour. Perhaps there's something endorphinish going on in punishing the body.. it's weird, but the pain in the legs is something I actually look forward to.

PetersCreek
2014-Jun-27, 11:42 PM
My after-work indulgences vary. On summer weekdays, I might have a beer and a cigar on the deck. About every other Friday, it's an evening of karaoke and Jameson with friends at my American Legion post. On the Fridays in between, it might be a couple of fingers of single malt or bourbon or...again, in the summer...a mint julep.

DonM435
2014-Jun-28, 03:22 AM
First thing that I do is take all the traveling stuff out of my pockets. Telephone, work badge, pens out of the shirt pocket. Car/house key ring, spare key ring (so I never get locked out of anywhere despite the lackidaisical habits of other family members with my primary keys), coins, USB drives, cough drops, aspirin, and other stuff that accumulates in the pants pockets.

I really feel ten pounds lighter after this. It's nearly always too hot to wear a jacket here, so I really miiss the extra pockets that I used to have.

Solfe
2014-Jun-28, 11:47 AM
Love this. :) I miss those days, my little ones are 19 & 22 now. It goes by way too fast.

Apple juice and M&M's are highly underrated. :)

Gigabyte
2014-Jun-28, 12:14 PM
First thing that I do is take all the traveling stuff out of my pockets. It seems like it would be easier to just TAKE OFF them pants.

Just saying.

Then take a bubble bath.

megrfl
2014-Jun-28, 12:56 PM
First thing that I do is take all the traveling stuff out of my pockets. Telephone, work badge, pens out of the shirt pocket. Car/house key ring, spare key ring (so I never get locked out of anywhere despite the lackidaisical habits of other family members with my primary keys), coins, USB drives, cough drops, aspirin, and other stuff that accumulates in the pants pockets.

I really feel ten pounds lighter after this.

Women wear all that externally in a 1/4 ton purse.

swampyankee
2014-Jun-28, 10:04 PM
After work i always enjoy a nice warm bubble bath, it is usually the first thing i do.

Do you go home first or do you have a tub in your office?

danscope
2014-Jun-29, 03:47 AM
When we get home, our cat comes from out of nowhere, ....I think he knows the very sound of our car. If it's anywhere near 4 to 5PM, he's interested in his kitty canned catfood. He'll sell his soul for that. Then maybe a kitty treat.
On Tuesday, clean up for golf , gather golf kit and repair to the course.

TJMac
2014-Jun-29, 02:54 PM
A very good friend of mine, sommelier by trade, has introduced me to Templeton Rye Whiskey. So, recently, its take the dog out, then shower, then the Rye. 'Tis quite good. :)

TJ

PetersCreek
2014-Jun-29, 04:28 PM
'Tis good, indeed. Ryes have been making a comeback in recent years. Try Masterson's as well. If you can find it, Thomas H. Handy Sazerac is also very good.

Trebuchet
2014-Jun-29, 04:37 PM
I've never gotten into whiskey/whisky, but I do find a glass of dry red relaxing in the afternoon, even though I don't work any more.

Senior Service
2014-Jun-29, 06:41 PM
I can't drink whisky but I am partial to a nice Rioja or Temperanillo.

HenrikOlsen
2014-Jun-30, 03:28 PM
I eat dinner at a restaurant. I have several restaurants I frequent so I don't go to the same one more than once a week.

For some reason I seem to have a knack for making waiters like me so I always get exceptional service and almost always get a seat even though I never make reservations.
It's gotten to the point where I've had the table already set for me when I entered because one of the waiters noticed me driving by to park my bicycle.

megrfl
2014-Jul-01, 04:51 PM
I'd love to do that, but not much open @ midnight. I can't see McDonald's setting a table for me. :)

Gigabyte
2014-Jul-03, 06:23 PM
Can we talk about "during lunch break from work indulgences"?

megrfl
2014-Jul-03, 06:56 PM
We sure can.

I steal away from my windowless cubby hole to a canopied patio with my just microwaved slunch and with cell phone in hand, call and catch up on the day with my "Reason for Living" (his words) for about 20 mins. It's delightful, but I still can't take my clothes off.

Gigabyte
2014-Jul-03, 07:07 PM
Well you could, but the homeless guys that live in the woods next to the parking lot might get a thrill. And then there is that whole getting fired issue.

Gigabyte
2014-Jul-03, 07:08 PM
Now what about that mango cream pie (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mango-cream-pie-10000000445548/)? It's not going to make itself you know.

megrfl
2014-Jul-06, 03:39 PM
This should be in the Pie thread, but because you brought it up and I literally almost did (upset stomach), remind me to never make a Mango Cream Pie, especially two at one time. I thought I would post here so that we may have a time stamp of my colossal Pie Fail into Mango cake fail to I can't believe the Ratcoons ate all that pie/cake fail.

I will redeem myself - like a coupon.

Gemini
2014-Jul-06, 05:05 PM
Recently for me, it's been pleasure reading. It's something I've had more of an opportunity to do now that I've graduated.

danscope
2014-Jul-06, 07:30 PM
When I was stationed in Pearl Harbor, Oahu, we would be out to sea for several weeks, and upon arriving home, a bunch of us would head into Honolulu to a little place called "Four Seas Chopsuey" , an old , open air restaurant , un-hurried and out of the way. We'd spend the afternoon ordering a bunch of different dishes and pass them around , along with some cold libation.
And those were good times :)
Dan

Gigabyte
2014-Jul-06, 11:19 PM
This should be in the Pie thread, but because you brought it up and I literally almost did (upset stomach), remind me to never make a Mango Cream Pie, especially two at one time. Didn't we agree to never speak of the "incident" ever again?

megrfl
2014-Jul-08, 03:15 PM
It was cathartic to purge (literally and figuratively.)