PDA

View Full Version : sleeping hours

iron4
2004-Dec-31, 05:34 AM
I'm interested to know how many hours/day sleep the people of this board

Meteora
2004-Dec-31, 05:36 AM

Emphasis mine. Interesting that you said it that way.... I often sleep during the day. Stupid rotating shifts.... :-?

mickal555
2004-Dec-31, 12:39 PM

Emphasis mine. Interesting that you said it that way.... I often sleep during the day. Stupid rotating shifts.... :-?
so do I but because of astronomy :D

Argos
2004-Dec-31, 01:07 PM
Seven hours, but IŽd wish it was more. :(

Candy
2004-Dec-31, 01:59 PM

Similar to you.

I work a straight midnight shift with the same RDO's. I just can't get used to this shift. I sleep 2-4 hours a day. I HATE IT! :evil:

It hasn't affected my ability to do my job or school work. I'm still the overachiever. :D

However, I do find myself taking these weird ~30 second naps through out the day. Whether, it be at school, work, or home. :o

This never used to happen when I got over 8 hours of sleep per day. Literally, on my first RDO, I crash for 12 hours. :-?

cyswxman
2004-Dec-31, 03:32 PM

Yep, I know what you mean. :x

Normandy6644
2004-Dec-31, 06:36 PM
Since I've been on winter break I sleep 8-9 hours, though when school starts again it will probably be less.

ToSeek
2004-Dec-31, 07:11 PM
8 or 9 hours from going to bed to getting up, though I frequently wake up in the middle of the night and take some time getting back to sleep.

Kaptain K
2004-Dec-31, 07:34 PM
I work nights (7pm-4am). I have found that I simply cannot sleep "straight through". I get home, unwind by surfing the web for a while, then sleep for 3 to 5 hours. I get up in the middle of the day to do anything that needs dealing with people in the "real world" and/or surf the net some more. Then I take a 2 or 3 hour nap before going back to work.

jrkeller
2004-Dec-31, 11:53 PM
I usually sleep about six hours a day. Midnight to six am. About once a week its usually four hours and then I usually have one eight hour day.

Brady Yoon
2005-Jan-01, 08:38 AM
I usually go to sleep at 11 on weekdays and 12-1 on weekends and vacations, and wake up at 7:00.

Human
2005-Jan-01, 10:39 AM
I sleep 7 hours.

Tranquility
2005-Jan-01, 11:08 AM
4-6 hours on normal weekdays, and 7-8 hours on weekends.

Once before registration for college this semester, I was used to sleeping really late and had to wake up at 6:00 to go to college on registration day, so I ended up sleeping approximately 1 hour. When I got back I slept for 15 mins in the car, then when I got home I just couldn't sleep for more than 2 hours. I felt disoriented for the next 2 or 3 days, as if I was looking at what I was doing without having a lot of control over what I was doing, as if I was in a dream. It was pretty weird :-?

EDIT: And I wanna find out what jobs the 3 people who sleep more than 10 hours per day over here have :x

Sever
2005-Jan-01, 11:15 AM
It varies from day to day. Currently my sleep cycle is messed up so I'm not going to sleep(I got school on Monday and I want to wake up on time).

johnb
2005-Jan-01, 12:00 PM
If working day shift (either 0730-1530 or 1330-2130) then I sleep for 3-4 hours.
Working night shift (2115-0745) I sleep,a minimum of, 8 hours but can easily do 10. Once I even overslept for a 2100 starttime.

john

Morrolan
2005-Jan-01, 04:21 PM
i feel cheated: i was told that as you get older you need less sleep... well, i find that i need more. :( and i was looking forward to less sleep = more computer time. :cry:

Padawan
2005-Jan-01, 04:39 PM
I often only get 7 hours of sleep, though I wish I had more, since you cant study well if you are sleepy in the morning...

johnb
2005-Jan-02, 11:16 AM
i feel cheated: i was told that as you get older you need less sleep... well, i find that i need more. :( and i was looking forward to less sleep = more computer time. :cry:

Myth: You do`nt need less sleep; what happens is it gets redistributed (for want of a better simile) throughout the day.

John.

frogesque
2005-Jan-02, 03:48 PM
I probably have the worst sleep pattern of all so I didn't vote. I can easily get by on 2 or 3 hours for a few days or, if pushed can work a full 48 hrs, then I will crash for 12 to 18. I do get cranky if I don't have enough sleep though so I do try to get at least 5 hours.