PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Order multiple Copies of Bad Astronomy from Amazon.

ljbrs
2002-Jun-22, 11:00 PM
I have spent the past hour (or so) attempting to order five additional copies of *Bad Astronomy* from Amazon.com, all to no avail. I tried several methods (failing miserably each time), but Amazon.com does not seem to have a method for ordering more than one copy of the same book. It was a feeble attempt on my part to get a decent discount. I was thinking of purchasing the books individually, but their computer program might have reacted improperly, and I might have received a bill far exceeding the cost of five copies.

I never made it to the final checkout at Amazon.com. As soon as I finish writing this, I will order them from Borders Books as I have done in the past.

Grrrrrr. (Gnashing of teeth!) *@#&%*...

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ljbrs
2002-Jun-23, 01:19 AM
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I ordered six additional copies of *Bad Astronomy* by telephone from Borders Books. However, that will be all that I shall buy at present. I expect the members of my astronomy club to pass *Bad Astronomy* around to other members of my astronomy group (unless some of them become so attached to the book that they cannot bear to part with their copies). I still have my own copy (with penciled notes and remarks). That one I refuse to give up!

I think that Amazon.com should have a means for somebody (like me) to order multiple copies of the same item. I looked for this ordering option at their site, but failed to see anything resembling an explanation for ordering duplicate items. After all, how many people want to order multiple copies of books? I ordered my first copy from Amazon.com, so I was able to go through the regular sequence and could have done so again. I probably could have ordered a number of books, using separate orders, but more than one book at the same time? Forget it.

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

jewel
2002-Jun-23, 03:43 AM
You can order multiple copies from Amazon by putting one copy in your shopping cart, viewing your shopping cart and adjusting the quantity (remember to hit 'Update').

ljbrs
2002-Jun-24, 02:13 AM
You can order multiple copies from Amazon by putting one copy in your shopping cart, viewing your shopping cart and adjusting the quantity (remember to hit 'Update').

Thanks, Jewel. I started to try that, but there were no directions concerning this and I gave up, fearful that I would be buying more books than I needed. I suppose that the folks at Amazon.com do not expect to have anybody buy multiple copies (in this case for my astronomy friends).

Next time I shall try that. However, I do not order books every day. The last thing I personally need is even one more book (because my large book collection has all but taken over my living quarters). I have read most of the books in my collection, but hate to relinquish any, just in case I want to refer to one of them.

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif