PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to The Amazing Meeting in Las Vegas?

Hutch
2005-Jan-03, 02:23 AM
I think I asked this before a couple of months back, but I'm too lazy to go looking for the thread.

Anyway, James "The Amazing" Randi will be hosting a meeting at the Stardust Hotel for skeptics and others 14-16 January at the Stardust Hotel in Vegas. You can get info on his site http://www.randi.org/

I'm going, and just wondering if anyone from the BABB is going to be there. The big attraction of course is that the BA will be the host for the program (sadly, he is not giving a talk this year, but maybe a few of us skeptics can corner him for lunch one day).

If nothing else, I'll get his autograph for my copy of Bad Astronomy and get a picture taken with him, so I can post it here (and make you all green with envy). 8) 8-[

mickal555
2005-Jan-03, 03:36 AM
I'm not going... bit far to walk or swim (my only means of transport)

Peter B
2005-Jan-03, 03:40 PM
Hutch

I went to TAM2, and I had a great time. The speakers were informative, the other people at the conference were friendly, and made a far-ranging Aussie (me!) most welcome. And yes, the BA signed my copy of his book.

A few thoughts: take plenty of photos during the talks - I'm kicking myself now for not getting photos of Penn and Teller, and a few other speakers; go to Penn and Teller's show, even if you've seen it before; see plenty of the sights of Las Vegas, if possible with other TAMmers; buy lots of books, and get the authors to sign them; take notes of the speakers' talks - there will be others interested in what the speakers had to say; and try to visit the Grand Canyon!

*sighs and shakes head*

I can't believe it's a year since I went!

TriangleMan
2005-Jan-04, 12:23 PM
I'll be there! I can't wait, less than two weeks away. 8)