PDA

View Full Version : Age of Empires III officially announced

Tranquility
2005-Jan-06, 10:58 AM
The age of kings has passed, it's time to expand the empire 8) .

Age of Empires III announced! (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/age-of-empires-iii/577165p1.html)

Finally the official announcement. Hopefully Red Alert 3 will also make it in 2005 and we'll be set for a great RTS year.

(And hopefully another Warcraft will be announced? Please?)

TimH
2005-Jan-06, 02:53 PM
I'm hoping for StarCraft 2.

I was addicted to the original and the expansion pack..

I'm aching to see the zerg/protoss hybrid that was introduced in the expansion pack's bonus mission and confirm my suspicions that the xel-naga are back and a little miffed at their 'children'. Plus, Kerrigan as leader of the zerg is just cool. Her change from idealist rebel to the 'Queen <naughty word self-censored> of the Universe' as she calls herself was pretty great! Her commanding officer should have known better than to backstab someone like her.

P.S. I know I am giving away some plot points to the game, but it came out in 1998, if you haven't played it yet, odds are you weren't going to.

Tranquility
2005-Jan-06, 03:13 PM
P.S. I know I am giving away some plot points to the game, but it came out in 1998, if you haven't played it yet, odds are you weren't going to.

Heh funny you should mention that :D . I never did get to play StarCraft but was addicted to Warcraft III and its expansion. Then I saw last week 10$ offer at the local games retailer for a package of StarCraft, StarCraft: Brood War, Diablo II, and Warcraft II Battle.net edition, which includes Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal. So I got it and I was planning to play it. What you said doesn't mean anything to me though because I don't know what the heck you're talking about :D .

Either way, I don't think Blizzard's massive StarCraft fanbase is gonna let them get away with another Warcraft before StarCraft II. But then again the World of Warcraft fanbase is enormous, and they might make Warcraft IV (which is my personal wish), but either way I wouldn't mind any game that comes out of Blizzard. Yes I'm a fanboy :D .

And just for the record, besides being a Blizzard fanboy, I'm also a Valve fanboy and a Rockstar fanboy :D .