PDA

View Full Version : This Is the Very First Photo of Earth From Space

Fraser
2014-Oct-24, 04:00 PM
These days we see photos of our planet taken from space literally*every day. Astronauts living aboard the International Space Station, weather and Earth-observing satellites in various orbits, even distant spacecraft exploring other planets in our Solar Systemů all have captured images of Earth from both near and far. But there was a time not that*long […]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/115641/this-is-the-very-first-photo-of-earth-from-space/)

redshifter
2014-Oct-24, 05:47 PM
Amazing what we've accomplished since then. And yet we could've accomplished so much more in that time...

KaiYeves
2014-Oct-24, 08:09 PM
Amazing what we've accomplished since then. And yet we could've accomplished so much more in that time...

But there are also scenarios where we could have accomplished less.

redshifter
2014-Oct-24, 09:39 PM
But there are also scenarios where we could have accomplished less.

Well sure. I guess if we want to go down that road there are all kinds of scenarios where we accomplish nothing at all regarding space exploration.

KaiYeves
2014-Oct-24, 10:39 PM
Well sure. I guess if we want to go down that road there are all kinds of scenarios where we accomplish nothing at all regarding space exploration.
Reading alternate history websites has just given me a sort of propensity to see every "what if things had been different" question like that, even if it's meant to be rhetorical. Apologies if I sounded too brusque.

redshifter
2014-Oct-25, 12:07 AM
Reading alternate history websites has just given me a sort of propensity to see every "what if things had been different" question like that, even if it's meant to be rhetorical. Apologies if I sounded too brusque.

No worries! What's a favorite alt history website of yours? Sounds like something I might want to check out.

KaiYeves
2014-Oct-25, 01:35 AM
No worries! What's a favorite alt history website of yours? Sounds like something I might want to check out.
The Alternate History Discussion Board (http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/), without a doubt.