PDA

View Full Version : string theory question

Copernicus
2014-Nov-12, 02:16 PM
I think there are very few that could actually study string theory. I am not one of them, but I do have questions about it because obviously there is something that makes these people think string theory has some merit. Just like other competing theories there must be some truth to them.
Why could not the string actually be the derivative of the equation for the area of sphere instead of being an actual string. I don't even know if he question is realistic?

Shaula
2014-Nov-12, 04:36 PM
I think there are very few that could actually study string theory. I am not one of them, but I do have questions about it because obviously there is something that makes these people think string theory has some merit. Just like other competing theories there must be some truth to them.
Why could not the string actually be the derivative of the equation for the area of sphere instead of being an actual string. I don't even know if he question is realistic?
Not sure the question makes sense. Are you essentially asking if a string could be a projection of a higher dimensional object? In what space does this sphere exist and with respect to what are you differentiating?