PDA

View Full Version : A Thousand Days ‘Til Totality: Anticipating the 2017 Solar Eclipse

Fraser
2014-Nov-20, 04:10 PM
Where will YOU be on August 21st, 2017? Astronomy is all about humility and thinking big in terms of space and time. It’s routine for astronomers to talk of comets on thousand year orbits, or stars with life spans measured in billions of years…(...)Read the rest of A Thousand Days ‘Til Totality: Anticipating the 2017 […]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/116462/a-thousand-days-til-totality-anticipating-the-2017-solar-eclipse/)

KaiYeves
2014-Nov-20, 06:13 PM
It all depends on what graduate school accepts me. But wherever I end up, I'll definitely try to travel to the path of totality!

redshifter
2014-Nov-20, 06:31 PM
I've already got my location picked out for this eclipse...I'm planning on heading to eastern Oregon.

schlaugh
2014-Nov-20, 10:06 PM
In an RV. Somewhere near max eclipse looking for clear skies. Probably near Paducha, Ky or the Land Between The Lakes.

Spacedude
2014-Nov-21, 02:37 PM
My shortest travel line (approx 250 miles) connects me with South Carolina, perhaps just north of Charlestown if the weather cooperates, still working on possible Plan B.

Grey
2014-Nov-21, 03:12 PM
We'll be heading out west with the kids. When we get closer, we'll plan in more detail, but it seems like picking someplace in the rain shadow of the mountains to minimize the likelihood of cloud cover is a good plan. And being prepared to drive at the last minute if the weather isn't cooperating. Looking forward to it!