PDA

View Full Version : Special characters

Brady Yoon
2005-Jan-13, 05:28 AM
I need to start on my spanish homework, and I need to type accents and inverted question marks, but I can't figure it out. I'm using Microsoft Works.

Any help would be appreciated.

sarongsong
2005-Jan-13, 05:44 AM
Accented vowels can be found by opening charmap in the Start/Run menu.

Colt
2005-Jan-13, 05:48 AM
Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map

Have fun scrolling. - Colt

Meteora
2005-Jan-13, 09:28 AM
If you have Windows XP, do this (it's a slightly different procedure with previous Windows versions):

Control Panel -> Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options -> Regional and Language Options (or Add Other Languages) -> Languages tab -> Details -> Add....

And add US-International. Then, you can select that when you want to type in Spanish (or French, Portuguese, etc.). To get accents, press the apostrophe before the vowel; tilde before n for ñ; Right Alt-! or ? for inverted punctuation; Alt-, for ç (French and Portuguese); Right Alt-[ and ] for « and »; and " for diareses (like ü). For French, you can also use ^ before a vowel for the circumflex (ô). To get the punctuation instead of accents, etc., press Space after the punctuation.

¿No es muy fácil? Me encanta mucho el idioma español.

¡Buena suerte!

ToSeek
2005-Jan-13, 02:48 PM
I thought we were going to talk about HUb' and some other folks on this board. ;)

George
2005-Jan-13, 05:19 PM
... - who's not a character here? :)
Your honor, the prior posts present my primary evidence. However, the most posts may be post this post.

Oops. I did it again. I edited in lieu of quoted. nuts.

ToSeek
2005-Jan-13, 07:10 PM
Not me - I'm normal. The voices in my head tell me so.

kleindoofy
2005-Jan-13, 07:19 PM

I'm considering learning French so that I can finally understand the voices in mine. :wink:

Andromeda321
2005-Jan-13, 07:44 PM
Whoa, yours actually are coherent at all?!? :o

Normandy6644
2005-Jan-13, 07:51 PM
I always did them by using the alt+(number) construction. Like, é is written by holding alt then hitting 0233. After using them all through high school, I have them memorized by now.

Gillianren
2005-Jan-14, 01:09 AM
I thought we were going to talk about characters in books or movies. wow, "special" has a lot of meanings these days, doesn't it?

tmosher
2005-Jan-14, 03:05 AM

I'm normal. No you're not. Yes I am. No you're not.

Sever
2005-Jan-14, 03:48 AM
I'm not mad! Just ask my camel, Steven.

mickal555
2005-Jan-14, 09:06 AM
Do you all get voices too?

Normandy6644
2005-Jan-15, 09:47 PM
I'm not mad! Just ask my camel, Steven.

Your camel is named Steven too?