PDA

View Full Version : Well, My Magic Glasses Have Arrived

BigDon
2015-Jan-31, 07:17 PM
And the doctors told me to give them four to six weeks to see an effect.

I'm thinking of taking more time off from here.

I'm having stability issues that are making me aggressive and I've been snarling at even minor frustrations. And I'm misspelling at least three to four words a sentence today.

If not for the spell checker this post would be barely legible.

Jim
2015-Jan-31, 09:19 PM
GOoD neWs, dON. I HOpe TheY mAKe thINGs lOOk bEttER.

swampyankee
2015-Jan-31, 09:32 PM
\circlearrowleftJim, don't be mean.

Don, are these the "magic X-ray" glasses that are advertised in comic books? Tell me how they work.

danscope
2015-Jan-31, 09:34 PM
You can see right through a spinning propeller ! :)

swampyankee
2015-Jan-31, 09:54 PM
You can see right through a spinning propeller ! :)

You cannot, however, walk through one, even with the matching magic coat.

Infinity Watcher
2015-Feb-01, 12:46 AM
You cannot, however, walk through one, even with the matching magic coat.

Well... you probably *can* the trick lies in doing it twice.

I'm hoping you get on well with these, since you've definitely had more than your share of medical problems so fingers crossed for you BigDon.

I have to say I'd not previously heard of this kind of treatment so I'd be quite interested to know how the glasses work for you just from an academic perspective (but then I was always rubbish at neurology...)

Buttercup
2015-Feb-01, 12:48 AM
GOoD neWs, dON. I HOpe TheY mAKe thINGs lOOk bEttER.

:rofl:

I needed that. :D

Ara Pacis
2015-Feb-01, 04:26 AM
Will they allow you to see things in high definition and 3D?

Noclevername
2015-Feb-01, 06:18 AM
Will they let you see through the subliminal illusions of the invading aliens, like in They Live?

swampyankee
2015-Feb-01, 03:09 PM
Well... you probably *can* the trick lies in doing it twice.

Or in all of you getting through once.

BigDon
2015-Feb-04, 08:47 PM
Or in all of you getting through once.

E-2's weren't as bad as Skyraiders.

An E-2 has 300 pound, steel edged propeller blades. (The steel edging is so only the poor guy who walks into it dies.)

While going full power on the catapult walking into the prop leaves nothing but a bright pink foam down the side of the fuselage. And your legs from the knees down. We called that "the thirty pound body bag".

"A thirty pound body bag always upsets your mother" is what we would tell newbies.

Skyraiders would blow recognizable chunks of people clear up to the crow's next and made for very disturbing FOD walkdowns.

A bad day at work...

Is when you hear about an accident, you ignore it to do your own job because others are on the case and you pass by a group of flightdeck sailors 500 feet from the accident looking at something and saying;

"What *is* that?!"

And there is an entire liver and set of portal veins laying on the deck.

BigDon
2015-Feb-04, 08:50 PM
But that wasn't what I came to post.

This prism glasses are the most smudge/fingerprint sensitive lens I've ever worn.

A simple smudge throws the focus out of whack so bad it's dizzying.

DonM435
2015-Feb-04, 09:10 PM

Certainly not the kind of deliverance for which one would hope.

swampyankee
2015-Feb-04, 09:17 PM
E-2's weren't as bad as Skyraiders.

An E-2 has 300 pound, steel edged propeller blades. (The steel edging is so only the poor guy who walks into it idies.)

While going full power on the catapult walking into the prop leaves nothing but a bright pink foam down the side of the fuselage. And your legs from the knees down. We called that "the thirty pound body bag".

"A thirty pound body bag always upsets your mother" is what we would tell newbies.

Skyraiders would blow recognizable chunks of people clear up to the crow's next and made for very disturbing FOD walkdowns.

A bad day at work...

Is when you hear about an accident, you ignore it to do your own job because others are on the case and you pass by a group of flightdeck sailors 500 feet from the accident looking at something and saying;

"What *is* that?!"

I worked for the company that made propellers. I would just like to observe that "meat cleaver" was nowhere in the design specs.

danscope
2015-Feb-04, 10:27 PM
You mean to tell me the Hamilton-Standard isn't a division of Kitchenaid ??? :)

BigDon
2015-Feb-04, 10:34 PM
I worked for the company that made propellers. I would just like to observe that "meat cleaver" was nowhere in the design specs.

Not sure how to read that Swampy. I didn't mean to imply the lead edge was sharp, just heavily armored.

If a blade shatters at full throttle the other two blades torque the whole assembly off and it flies into the fuselage of the aircraft.

Noclevername
2015-Feb-05, 12:37 PM
But that wasn't what I came to post.

This prism glasses are the most smudge/fingerprint sensitive lens I've ever worn.

A simple smudge throws the focus out of whack so bad it's dizzying.

Ah, memories. Takes me back to the good old days when I wore Coke bottle glasses. Good times, ain't we lucky we got 'em.

Extravoice
2015-Feb-05, 06:58 PM
The only reason I can wear contact lenses is because they make Coke bottles out of plastic these days.

In all seriousness, I hope the glasses help, Don.

danscope
2015-Feb-05, 07:45 PM
Yep, Good luck, Don. Isn't technology wonderful :)

BigDon
2015-Mar-03, 10:09 PM
Everybody, they seem to be working.

The issues aren't gone but are greatly reduced. I have to work at it to hurt myself now.

Yay.

Swift
2015-Mar-03, 10:35 PM
Excellent.

Torsten
2015-Mar-03, 11:42 PM
Good news!

Jim
2015-Mar-04, 02:18 PM
Everybody, they seem to be working.

The issues aren't gone but are greatly reduced. I have to work at it to hurt myself now.

Yay.

Don't work too hard, now.