PDA

View Full Version : Since most of you are so opposed to any more moderators....

junkyardfrog
2005-Jan-14, 10:44 PM
What about a "fun czar"???

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=653496

:lol:

ToSeek
2005-Jan-14, 10:50 PM
We're not opposed; the BA is. And he's in charge.

junkyardfrog
2005-Jan-14, 10:55 PM
We're not opposed; the BA is. And he's in charge.

hmmm

You're right about the second point. But, IIRC, there were some posters who also felt that way when I suggested it some time ago.

Anyway, who would make the best "Fun Czar"?

Laser Jock
2005-Jan-14, 10:56 PM

I thought Candy was our "Fun Czar".

Swift
2005-Jan-14, 11:05 PM
I have seen some presentations where some corporations are seriously pushing this. Maybe its a good idea, but when the administration (of either the university or the company) is pushing it, I worry that it will be something along the lines of "The shootings will continue until morale improves" :-?

Candy
2005-Jan-15, 12:16 AM

The story is no longer available. What did I miss?

Boy, I hope I won't disappoint you guys after I graduate and can start focusing on my true passions again. Just kidding, I'll still be fun. I still keep up on most everything related to Mars - time permitting. Thank goodness, ToSeek is a good source for information. :D

sarongsong
2005-Jan-15, 01:07 AM
Somehow the words 'czar' (Caesar) and 'fun' don't quite fit together---"You will have fun, or else!"

Ut
2005-Jan-15, 01:29 AM
Somehow the words 'czar' (Caesar) and 'fun' don't quite fit together---"You will have fun, or else!"

It's still more festive than Entertainmet Nazi.

tmosher
2005-Jan-15, 01:31 AM

Boy, I hope I won't disappoint you guys after I graduate and can start focusing on my true passions again. Just kidding, I'll still be fun. I still keep up on most everything related to Mars - time permitting. Thank goodness, ToSeek is a good source for information. :D

You mean this Mars?

http://mysite.verizon.net/tmosher/mars.jpg

Yes, it's one of mine.

Tom

mickal555
2005-Jan-15, 01:51 AM
kool pic and nice hijack

tmosher
2005-Jan-15, 02:03 AM
kool pic and nice hijack

Thank you.

I just wish I still had all the equipment I used to take that image. Oh well...a laptop and another webcam would solve that problem.

As for "fun czar" - I consider Candy to be our goodwill ambassador and hostess with the mostest.

mickal555
2005-Jan-15, 02:06 AM
I think the moderater idea ain't good... I mean who would the mods be?

tmosher
2005-Jan-15, 02:07 AM
I think the moderater idea ain't good... I mean who would the mods be?

Not I - sometimes I can't even moderate myself.

Colt
2005-Jan-15, 04:14 PM
Well, I could rule with an iron fist since I am level headed and look at each side of the issue in things... And I have a ton of free time (no life). Of course, I think it's good Phil retains his Stailin-like powers for the time being. - Colt

zebo-the-fat
2005-Jan-15, 04:32 PM
You WILL have fun, whether you like it or not! :roll:

Roving Philosopher
2005-Jan-15, 05:16 PM
It's still more festive than Entertainmet Nazi.
Ve haf vays of making you haf fun!

junkyardfrog
2005-Jan-15, 10:25 PM

Still works for me....

Unless I misunderstood your post.

Stuffy Harvard students get "fun czar"

Thu Jan 13, 2005 01:18 PM GMT

By Greg Frost

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (Reuters) - Harvard University students: overachieving, bookish bores or repressed party animals? A little of both, it seems.

Following complaints that it does little to promote campus social life, the Ivy League school has hired its first "fun czar" -- Zac Corker, a recent Harvard graduate whose job is to build community spirit and help stressed-out students unwind.

Corker knows a few things about kicking back. As an undergraduate, he helped organise numerous social events and put together a Web site -- www.hahvahdparties.com -- aimed at protecting students' "right to party."