PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Come On!!!

Andromeda321
2005-Jan-16, 12:02 AM
It's the third quarter and the Steelers are losing. By a touchdown. I can't remember when this last happened to us; sometime back in September I believe... :(
Why God, why? Am I fated to never see my team actually win the Superbowl despite the fact that we just won the past 14 games in a row? *bangs head hard*
NOOOOOOOO!
So here we go Steelers pull yourselves together! I didn't grow up in a steel city with a football craze only to have you guys lose when you have everything going for you!

Normandy6644
2005-Jan-16, 12:44 AM
This game is getting really interesting. I can't believe the Jets missed those field goals.

Andromeda321
2005-Jan-16, 12:58 AM
In overtime and the Steelers have it... come on... come on...

EDIT to add: WE WON!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Here we go, here we go, here we go Steelers here we go, Pittsburgh's goin' to the Super bowl! Here we go cheer the Steelers the black and the gold here we go town of Pittsburgh's heart and soul here we go Cowher power will get the job done this is the year we get that one for the thumb!

Chuck
2005-Jan-16, 01:34 AM
I was hoping that the Jets would get farther downfield and miss another field goal. That would have been funny.

scottmsg
2005-Jan-16, 01:39 AM
=D> \:D/

Well, there goes another couple of months off my life. But as long as the Steelers win the Super Bowl, it'll be worth it.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that the football gods are just toying with me. But they did mess up in 2000 and let WVU win a bowl game, so there's always hope.

Plat
2005-Jan-16, 02:53 AM
I was rooting for the Steelers too

now go Falcons!

Ut
2005-Jan-16, 06:15 AM
My interest in the super bowl this year ended when the Bills were elminated. I live with a loud, obnoxious Bills fan. He's been a lot more quiet since the holidays ended :D

ChesleyFan
2005-Jan-16, 06:41 AM
The Packers are gone, but big surprise. #-o

So are the Seahawks.

Guess I'll root for the Eagles.

Maksutov
2005-Jan-16, 07:48 PM
The Packers are gone, but big surprise. #-o

So are the Seahawks.

Guess I'll root for the Eagles.
Ah, Randy Moss, the Dennis Rodman of the NFL... :roll:

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Jan-16, 08:10 PM
Go Patriots!!!!

Master258
2005-Jan-16, 08:30 PM
GO VIKINGS

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Jan-16, 08:33 PM
PATRIOTS!

A Thousand Pardons
2005-Jan-16, 08:37 PM
Whheeett! multiple repetition of sports endorsements posts, with color and caps! Penalty on Zap--no post season wins for your favored team for next two years. You'll know better next time. :)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Jan-16, 08:43 PM
Whheeett! multiple repetition of sports endorsements posts, with color and caps! Penalty on Zap--no post season wins for your favored team for next two years. You'll know better next time. :)

Aw, C'mon Ref ...

Where are your [Bad Word Deleted] Glasses?

:lol:

Chuck
2005-Jan-16, 09:49 PM
When do I get a Superbowl team? I live in Arizona where the Cardinals have had one 9 and 7 season, one 8 and 8 season, and fifteen losing seasons since they moved here in 1988.

Oh, well. I lived in Pittsburgh in '75 and '76 during the Steelers' first two Superbowl wins. I guess I shouldn't be greedy.

Plat
2005-Jan-16, 10:10 PM
GO COLTS!!

i'm rooting for either the Colts or the Steelers to win the superbowl....and maybe ATL

dgruss23
2005-Jan-16, 10:24 PM
So are the Eagle's going to win the NFC championship this time, or will Vick's legs be too much?

Plat
2005-Jan-16, 10:41 PM
Vick will be too much

Pat's D is stifling the MVP Manning

Maksutov
2005-Jan-17, 02:41 AM
PATRIOTS!

Whheeett! multiple repetition of sports endorsements posts, with color and caps! Penalty on Zap--no post season wins for your favored team for next two years. You'll know better next time.
Based on the effectiveness of this penalty, it looks like ATP's one of those illegitimate refs that go around stealing people's beer.

Another masterful job by the Pat's offense, defense, and Bill Belichick & crew. One fan's sign said it all

This Is NOT Peyton's Place
The CBS coverage was quite useful. Their constant commercials for their Sunday night line-up, repeated about every three minutes, and in one case causing them to get back to the game late so viewers missed most of the Brady running touchdown play, convinced me not to watch any of the shows in the CBS Sunday night line-up.

Next: tearing the steel curtain to shreds.

A Thousand Pardons
2005-Jan-17, 02:05 PM
PATRIOTS!

Whheeett! multiple repetition of sports endorsements posts, with color and caps! Penalty on Zap--no post season wins for your favored team for next two years. You'll know better next time.
Based on the effectiveness of this penalty, it looks like ATP's one of those illegitimate refs that go around stealing people's beer.
Hey, my stealing beer has nothing to do with it. The penalty will be enforced on the next season.

BTW, have you seen my glasses?

Donnie B.
2005-Jan-17, 03:03 PM
One fan's sign said it all

This Is NOT Peyton's Place
Actually, the one I liked best was:
Make
Vacation
Plans

:P =D>

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Jan-17, 03:47 PM
PATRIOTS!

Hey, my stealing beer has nothing to do with it. The penalty will be enforced on the next season.

BTW, have you seen my glasses?

Have you Tried, on The Top of your Head?

:^o

8-[

A Thousand Pardons
2005-Jan-17, 05:22 PM
oops they were on the bar

russ_watters
2005-Jan-17, 07:12 PM
In overtime and the Steelers have it... come on... come on...

EDIT to add: WE WON!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Here we go, here we go, here we go Steelers here we go, Pittsburgh's goin' to the Super bowl! Here we go cheer the Steelers the black and the gold here we go town of Pittsburgh's heart and soul here we go Cowher power will get the job done this is the year we get that one for the thumb!
I'm sorry to inform you, but the Patriots, not the Steelers, are going to lose to Philly in the Super Bowl.

So are the Eagle's going to win the NFC championship this time, or will Vick's legs be too much?
Vick's legs will be irrelevant, since he will be spending the entire game on his butt.

Careless
2005-Jan-17, 07:31 PM
You're the pride and joy of illinois chicago Bears bear down!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Btw, the steelers get completely screwed by the refs more often than any other team. The debacle of a game vs the pats in 2002 was a reffing disgrace

pghnative
2005-Jan-17, 07:43 PM
Btw, the steelers get completely screwed by the refs more often than any other team. The debacle of a game vs the pats in 2002 was a reffing disgrace

Maybe in previous years (I recall a particularly onerous touchdown call in the playoffs against the Raiders in the late 80's that helped convince the league to have video replay), but this year the Steelers have tended to come away on the better end of the stick. The game against the Giants was particularly noteworthy, since all the major calls (non-personal foul on a tackle out of bounds, a key roughing the passer call, and the game ending non pass interference call) went the Steelers way.

I'll be rooting for the Stillers (correct pronunciation :D ), but they'll have to play a lot better than they did against the Jets. What with the interceptions, bad punt coverage and the Jets missing two field goals, it seemed like neither team deserved to win.

jfribrg
2005-Jan-17, 07:57 PM
Every team can point numerous cases where officiating cost them a game or a season. I admit that it is nice to feel paranoid and that everybody is out to get Us, but in the end everyone gets screwed once in a while. Ask any Philly sports fan who is old enough to remember, and they will tell you about Leon Stickle.

I'm rooting for My Eagles. BTW, my daughter says that I don't have to tell her who won. If they won or are winning, I refer to them as My Eagles. If they lose or are losing, I call them Those Eagles. And if they are tied, its The Eagles. I am the ultimate fair-weather fan. I get lots of exercise jumping on and off the bandwagon.

Maksutov
2005-Jan-17, 08:06 PM

Maybe in previous years (I recall a particularly onerous touchdown call in the playoffs against the Raiders in the late 80's that helped convince the league to have video replay), but this year the Steelers have tended to come away on the better end of the stick. The game against the Giants was particularly noteworthy, since all the major calls (non-personal foul on a tackle out of bounds, a key roughing the passer call, and the game ending non pass interference call) went the Steelers way.
That was an officiating travesty! Perhaps if the Pittsburgh secondary, realizing that nothing was going to be called, had started breaking the arms and legs of the Giants' receivers, the back, side, and field judges might have thrown a hankie or two.

I'll be rooting for the Stillers (correct pronunciation :D ), but they'll have to play a lot better than they did against the Jets. What with the interceptions, bad punt coverage and the Jets missing two field goals, it seemed like neither team deserved to win.
Plus that Berger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/news) looked a little raw.

Go Patriots!

pghnative
2005-Jan-18, 05:13 PM
That was an officiating travesty! Perhaps if the Pittsburgh secondary, realizing that nothing was going to be called, had started breaking the arms and legs of the Giants' receivers, the back, side, and field judges might have thrown a hankie or two.
Well, as long as the cornerback is looking back for the ball, the NFL will pretty much allow you to do some arm breaking.

Personally I thought that was the correct call. The late hit call earlier in the game was pretty bogus, though. The NFL treats its quarterbacks like fine china.

Plus that Berger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/news) looked a little raw.

Go Patriots! Yeah, he'd better get some sizzle if the Steelers are going to have a chance.

NASA Fan
2005-Jan-24, 05:31 AM
Well Andromeda, I guess that you are bummed now that the steelers lost.

Look at it this way, they only lost one game all season long--how many teams can say that?

No, I do not know anything about football, that last statment was based entirely on Andromeda's opening statment. I truely have no idea (and nor do I really care) how many teams had a perfect season through the playoffs.

Good luck to both teams in the Superbowl. I hope we have no "wardrobe malfunctions" this year during halftime. I wonder if more people will watch the game this, just so they can catch something--either to enjoy watching or to act highly offended at having seen.

I also wonder if the streaker will be back this year. You know the guy who did the jig? He received a high fine here in Houston for his indecent exposure at last years superbowl.

Maksutov
2005-Jan-24, 08:32 AM
Hello, this is Bob McKenzie and that thing you smell is the Berger...

Seriously, great season by Pittsburgh and great rookie season by Ben. Sure hope the Bus is back next year, he's fun to watch and his enthusiasm should be transfused to many other teams and players.

Go Patriots! Two in a row, and three out of four! The Eagles haven't landed, they've been grounded by the Pats! :D

jfribrg
2005-Jan-24, 02:34 PM
Greetings from Eagle country. I was barely out of high school the last time my Eagles went to the super bowl. Should be an interesting game. Both teams have the ability to blow out the other, but I suspect it will be a close game.

Donnie B.
2005-Jan-24, 04:29 PM
Must... resist... urge... to... gloat...

Andromeda (and other Steelers and Falcons fans), I truly sympathize. The Pats are on a roll now, but we long-time fans had to suffer many seasons of also-ran and near-miss status before we started enjoying our current good fortunes. Remember the Grogan era? We finally made it to the big show, only to be blown out by the awesome Bears.

But now, at long last, we Boston sports fans are riding high in the two pro games that are worth caring about and still being played. The lesson for us all: this too shall pass!

Doodler
2005-Jan-24, 04:41 PM
New England will be hurting next year when their Defensive Coordinator takes the Head Coaching job in Cleveland. They trounced two very gifted quarterbacks by denying them the air game. McNabb is going to have to step up harder than he did last night to keep the Eagles moving downfield against them.

For Pittsburgh, no regrets, you guys put a rookie in the key spot and marched right up to the gates before falling short. No one screwed up last night, you just got outplayed. There's another Super Bowl in their future, count on it.

Maksutov
2005-Jan-25, 02:17 AM
[edit]Remember the Grogan era? We finally made it to the big show, only to be blown out by the awesome Bears...
How soon we forget Tony Eason!