PDA

View Full Version : Woo woo...chugga, chugga...woo woo!!!!!!

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2005-Jan-19, 02:54 PM
link to GLP post-

go there at own risk

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?message=71878&mpage=1&topic=3&showdate =1/19/05

re. +++MUD ON TITAN....NO WAY IT IS BELOW 180 CELCIUS!====

frogesque
2005-Jan-19, 03:16 PM
I went, what more can I say? #-o

Lance
2005-Jan-19, 03:38 PM
My only question is:

How come the people there that do seem to have a clue even bother trying to explain it to those who so obviously don't?

Lance
2005-Jan-19, 03:49 PM
Heh...

Are they proud of this?

Re: +++MUD ON TITAN....NO WAY IT IS BELOW 180 CELCIUS!====

Bad Astronomy has noticed this thread :woo woo:

Nergal
2005-Jan-19, 06:49 PM
link to GLP post-

go there at own risk

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?message=71878&mpage=1&topic=3&showdate =1/19/05

re. +++MUD ON TITAN....NO WAY IT IS BELOW 180 CELCIUS!====
I went...

I read...

My brain hurts now #-o

John M. Dollan
2005-Jan-19, 07:08 PM
Ah yes, NASA went all the way to Saturn to discover the secrets of Saturn. They discoered liquid water. But they decided the world was not ready to learn of liquid water, and so they hushed it up with the eminently clever ploy of saying the probe landed in mud....

Really, do some of these people *ever* do research of any kind, even if it is just reading a couple of articles on the subject? Or are they so limited in the scope of their imaginations that they can only believe there is one form of liquid inthe universe?

Ohh... I have a headache.

...John...

Ut
2005-Jan-19, 07:14 PM
Ah yes, NASA went all the way to Saturn to discover the secrets of Saturn. They discoered liquid water. But they decided the world was not ready to learn of liquid water, and so they hushed it up with the eminently clever ploy of saying the probe landed in mud....

Really, do some of these people *ever* do research of any kind, even if it is just reading a couple of articles on the subject? Or are they so limited in the scope of their imaginations that they can only believe there is one form of liquid inthe universe?

Ohh... I have a headache.

...John...

Why do they need to read things? They can't even keep what they're saying internally consistant.

Metricyard
2005-Jan-19, 07:26 PM
One thing that's fun about sites like these, is you can make scientific stuff up and almost no one would be the wiser.

Plus it has the added benefit of causing flame wars.

Guess science for some just doesn't exist. :cry:

beskeptical
2005-Jan-19, 07:52 PM
Instead of responding with, "It's liquid methane, not liquid water", someone needs to explain gas, liquid, solid states of matter to them.

Then, if they get that concept add in freezing and boiling points.

Who knows, there may be someone there who hasn't heard about such concepts. :P

Nergal
2005-Jan-19, 09:18 PM

Before explainign states of matter and boiling points to them, someone needs to ask them:

"Suspending reality for a moment and assuming you're right, that there really is water on Titan, exactly why would anyone care to cover that up?"

John M. Dollan
2005-Jan-19, 09:29 PM
Before explainign states of matter and boiling points to them, someone needs to ask them:

"Suspending reality for a moment and assuming you're right, that there really is water on Titan, exactly why would anyone care to cover that up?"

You know, I can hear their answer now with the clarity of a fart in a silent room:

"Ah, why would they cover it up indeed!"

**chuckles** Anything to avoid facing reality, I would imagine.

...John...

Kesh
2005-Jan-19, 09:54 PM
My only question is:

How come the people there that do seem to have a clue even bother trying to explain it to those who so obviously don't?

On a rare occasion, I've been able to point out real, logical explanations for events, and someone actually thanked me for it. That's why I post there occasionally. Sometimes a reasonable person, goes there looking for answers, and I try to steer them right before the nutcases get out of hand.

beskeptical
2005-Jan-20, 07:50 AM

"Suspending reality for a moment and assuming you're right, that there really is water on Titan, exactly why would anyone care to cover that up?"I think logic 101 comes next semester after gasses, liquids and solids. :P

Nergal
2005-Jan-20, 01:25 PM
I think logic 101 comes next semester after gasses, liquids and solids. :P

*lol* You're right...I made the classic mistake of expecting them (the woowoos) to be rational #-o