PDA

View Full Version : taste like chicken

Candy
2005-Jan-20, 05:33 PM
Shrieking Frogs Unnerve Hawaiian Island (http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=050120&cat=strange&st=stranged87npto o0&src=ap)

A tiny frog with a huge shriek has invaded the Big Island and won't shut up. Big Island Mayor Harry Kim is looking for $2 million to begin controlling the spread of the nocturnal coqui frog, a beloved native in Puerto Rico but considered an annoying pest in Hawaii since hitching a ride over in shipments of tropical plants around 1990.

The frogs have been mating easily _ and shattering quiet island nights _ ever since.

Aside from the noise, the frogs have a voracious appetite for spiders and insects, competing with native birds and fauna. And coqui frogs are adaptable to many ecosystems and breed heavily in Hawaii, experts said.
Eat them! 8-[

ToSeek
2005-Jan-20, 06:39 PM
Crunchy frog?

frogesque
2005-Jan-20, 08:30 PM
Crunchy frog?

A 'number four' if I'm not mistaken :lol:

(I thought we already did that thread? 8) )

Amadeus
2005-Jan-20, 08:51 PM
The frogs have been mating easily _ and shattering quiet island nights _ ever since.

Ah that brings back memories :D

Doodler
2005-Jan-20, 08:57 PM

Interesting, but nothing about the tourists *ahem*, "shattering quiet nights"? :-k

Nergal
2005-Jan-20, 09:00 PM

Amplexus (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=amplexus) memories? :oops:

Argos
2005-Jan-20, 10:19 PM
Frogs are a delicacy in China. You can find them in Chinese restaurants of my town (the Chinese descendants here breed them in farms), generally fried. Ive eaten them and they really taste like chicken. Only much better.

Candy
2005-Jan-21, 02:54 AM
Hawaiian Fried Frog. Mmmmmm. :P

weatherc
2005-Jan-21, 03:03 AM
I had frog's legs once. They were quite good; the texture was somewhere between chicken and fish. My wife couldn't get over the way the legs looked on the plate, though, because they looked like, well, LEGS, but I figured that it wasn't any stranger than eating a chicken leg or wing.

I wish that more places had frog's legs on the menu, because I would definitely eat them again.

enginelessjohn
2005-Jan-21, 08:46 AM
Saw "Homestyle Frog" on a menu in Bejing... Used all my courage on the 1000 year old eggs, (which are yummy by the way) so can't comment on what it tasted like.

Cheers
John

Argos
2005-Jan-21, 10:36 AM
I had frog's legs once. They were quite good; the texture was somewhere between chicken and fish. My wife couldn't get over the way the legs looked on the plate, though, because they looked like, well, LEGS, but I figured that it wasn't any stranger than eating a chicken leg or wing.

I wish that more places had frog's legs on the menu, because I would definitely eat them again.

Try the "chest" (the central part of the body) next time. A perfect texture and taste. :)

weatherc
2005-Jan-21, 02:20 PM

Try the "chest" (the central part of the body) next time. A perfect texture and taste. :)

Thanks. If I ever see that at a restaurant, I will. I'm always looking for new foods to try.

Bawheid
2005-Jan-21, 02:28 PM
[Tommy Cooper]
"So I said to the waiter, do you have frogs legs? He said "yes", so I said "Hop over here then."
[/Tommy Cooper]

frogesque
2005-Jan-21, 05:38 PM
[Tommy Cooper]
"So I said to the waiter, do you have frogs legs? He said "yes", so I said "Hop over here then."
[/Tommy Cooper]

:lol: Even reading that I can hear the voice and see the fez! A one off and very funny comedian just like that! (http://justlikethat.homestead.com/)