PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars meets Sportscenter

Wolverine
2005-Jan-20, 06:42 PM
Priceless (http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/espn1.html). :lol:

tlbs101
2005-Jan-20, 06:51 PM
Those "promo's" (as they are called -- self promoting commercials) have been running for at least a month, now.

I think they are priceless, also.

One thing ESPN does -- they won't run a certain promo over and over and over, until one grows tired of it. They will space them out over time, so they remain funny, even after months.

ToSeek
2005-Jan-20, 06:56 PM
My favorite is still the one where the guy is carrying Kerri Strug around and has to go to the men's room. ;)

Wolverine
2005-Jan-20, 07:14 PM
Those "promo's" have been running for at least a month, now.

Hadn't seen it here 'til recently... with the NHL lockout and NCAA football's transition into the off-season, ESPN hasn't been on my tube much. Just saw the spot on the web and thought I'd share for the non-sports-junkies. :D

Doodler
2005-Jan-20, 08:02 PM
I'm not a huge sports junkie, but I absolutely have to give a deep bow to the advertising department at ESPN. One of the few groups of people who've been in this business for a long stretch without having pitched a stinker.

My favorite is still the one with the lights going out because Lance Armstrong was getting ready to leave for the night in the generator room.

:)

Musashi
2005-Jan-21, 03:10 AM
That commercial makes me crack up. I love how Lennox is slowly edging around vader.