PDA

View Full Version : [Blueprint] Manned Space Exploration Proposal Thread!

fredinno
2015-May-26, 07:41 PM
Hello, Fredinno here. I'm new to this forum, but I would like to make a new thread for blueprints for Manned Space Exploration Missions.

I would like to start with my Mars Lander Mission Design.

Please provide constructive criticism for my design: I want it to be as realistic and doable within a late 2030 time frame (without breaking the budget)
If anyone could also point out design flaws (if they exist), also please let me know! :) Most of the information can be found on the images themselves.

Please and thank you in advance!

Here are the versions for this spacecraft.
http://imgbox.com/fogrsNI2 (Mission Timeline)
http://imgbox.com/0BFr2yy6
http://imgbox.com/3klRnw7I

Moderator's note: these links will take you to very large scans of handwritten documents. Low bandwidth users beware.

(I know it's messy, and the thrust for the spacecraft is too low, I'm working on that right now.)

BTW: LNG is liquid CH4- People were confused about this when I posted it to be reviewed on the KSP Forums (where I had so far went get this mission proposal reviewed.

I'm currently planning on making a NASA-ESA Manned Mars Moon Mission next or a Venus HAVOC-style mission next. What would be the best idea guys? (poll above) :D

PetersCreek
2015-May-26, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the CosmoQuest forums, fredinno. I have edited your post to replace the [HTML] tags with [URL] tags. If you want to use such images in a forum setting, I really recommend that you reduce the file size of your scans, which ranged from ~830 KB to ~3.45 MB.

Also, if you haven't already done so, please read our rules linked in my signature line below.

fredinno
2015-May-26, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the CosmoQuest forums, fredinno. I have edited your post to replace the [HTML] tags with [URL] tags. If you want to use such images in a forum setting, I really recommend that you reduce the file size of your scans, which ranged from ~830 KB to ~3.45 MB.

Also, if you haven't already done so, please read our rules linked in my signature line below.

Sorry. Thanks, BTW.

John Mendenhall
2015-May-26, 09:04 PM
Yea! At the moment the Moon base has 100% of the votes.

fredinno
2015-May-26, 09:14 PM
Yea! At the moment the Moon base has 100% of the votes.

What do you think of the spacecraft I made for a Mars Landing? (Links at first post)

swampyankee
2015-May-26, 10:24 PM
I voted "other," mostly as I think that bases need to be preceded by more landings, although I'd really like to see large radiotelescopes on the back side of the Moon.

John Mendenhall
2015-May-26, 11:27 PM
Dang! Well, 40% for Moon base isn't bad. And this from YT, who has recentyly been eschewing manned exploration.

Noclevername
2015-May-26, 11:36 PM
I voted "other," mostly as I think that bases need to be preceded by more landings, although I'd really like to see large radiotelescopes on the back side of the Moon.

I voted the same way for the same reason; a Moon base is not going to be accomplished by a single mission.

In any case, we're still sending missions to the ISS, so that's going to be "what's next" for a few years yet.

selvaarchi
2015-May-27, 12:52 AM
I voted the same way for the same reason; a Moon base is not going to be accomplished by a single mission.

In any case, we're still sending missions to the ISS, so that's going to be "what's next" for a few years yet.

I voted moon base because there is already half a dozen landers planed by different countries over the next few years. On top of that you have the Google competition with US$20 million prize money with 20 teams doing the same thing. We should be looking for the next stage of moon exploration.

fredinno
2015-May-27, 02:37 AM
Could someone please look at and review (and find any flaws) in my mars lander design at the first post please? Thank you in advance.

publiusr
2015-May-30, 05:32 PM
I voted for Skylab II

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2015-Jun-02, 06:20 PM
Nice work. I voted other. My BIG dream mission is humans on Titan by 2100.