PDA

View Full Version : Print your own skin!

zebo-the-fat
2005-Jan-21, 06:24 PM
How about an inkjet printer which prints skin ?
LINK (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/21/human_skin_printer/)

pghnative
2005-Jan-21, 06:37 PM
I can just see it. I'm in the hospital with critical burns, and the doctor says "Sorry, we can't help you, the printer's jammed" :D :D

zebo-the-fat
2005-Jan-21, 06:42 PM
Order up another cartridge of bone cells please! (Original manufacturer or refilled?) :D

Nicolas
2005-Jan-21, 06:53 PM
refilled

You know the "kidney thief" urban legend? Gets a bloody variant with these printers! :D

Doodler
2005-Jan-21, 07:35 PM
It would be my luck I'd have a sheet of skin printed while some prankster intern had his face mashed on the glass.

eburacum45
2005-Jan-21, 07:53 PM
Various kinds of printing mechanism look like being very useful in the near and more distant future, particularly versions that can build up layer after layer rapidly in 3D;
try
Organ printers to make new bodyparts (the skin is an organ, so this skin printer is one already)
Meat Printers, for steaks that have never seen a cow;
Full body printers (accelerated self-cloning)
Dry Goods printers (different scales of printers could make a wide range of commodities, up to whole houses or larger...

Doodler
2005-Jan-21, 07:59 PM
Various kinds of printing mechanism look like being very useful in the near and more distant future, particularly versions that can build up layer after layer rapidly in 3D;
try
Organ printers to make new bodyparts (the skin is an organ, so this skin printer is one already)
Meat Printers, for steaks that have never seen a cow;
Full body printers (accelerated self-cloning)
Dry Goods printers (different scales of printers could make a wide range of commodities, up to whole houses or larger...

That's coming within hailing distance of a replicator. I'd like to see this thing deliver on skin before taking any further leaps. The skin may be an organ, but its pretty simple compared to some other ones, like spleens and pancreases.

mickal555
2005-Jan-22, 03:24 PM
I wounder how tattooooo

ktesibios
2005-Jan-22, 05:46 PM
It would be my luck I'd have a sheet of skin printed while some prankster intern had his face mashed on the glass.

Or something else... :oops: