PDA

View Full Version : New Horizons and my birthday

arakish
2015-Jun-23, 04:51 AM
One thing I find most awesome is that New Horizons will be making its closest approach on my birthday.

Otherwise, let me have that day off so I can join and view the "broadcast".

rmfr

Dave12308
2015-Jul-16, 01:47 PM
One thing I find most awesome is that New Horizons will be making its closest approach on my birthday.

Otherwise, let me have that day off so I can join and view the "broadcast".

rmfr

It was the day after my 40th birthday. It may sound a bit selfish but I thought of it as a birthday present from NASA and the Cosmos.

Amazing accomplishment.

So much different than I had expected.

arakish
2015-Jul-16, 03:23 PM
It was the day after my 40th birthday. It may sound a bit selfish but I thought of it as a birthday present from NASA and the Cosmos.

Amazing accomplishment.

So much different than I had expected.

My best birthday present was watching Neil Armstrong doing his small step, giant leap thing just 6 days after my birthday way back in 1969. Needless to say, I was GLUED to the TV (B&W) through the whole Apollo 11 thing.

But to have this one actually occur ON my birthday, how nice...

It is a shame New Horizons was not intended to orbit in the Pluto system and study it for years to come. However, I guess it is still good to have a probe explore the Kuiper Belt...

A July 13th baby huh? Who would have thunk such from two forum board members, only one day apart...

rmfr

thoth II
2015-Oct-07, 08:01 PM
http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/crop_p_color2_enhanced_release.png

a high resolution image of Pluto

Hieda no Akyuu
2015-Oct-11, 08:19 PM
New Horizons arrived 2 days before my birthday.