PDA

View Full Version : Old board

mickal555
2005-Jan-23, 03:15 PM
I've heard there was an old board? is it still alive an acessable? I was wondering what BABB might have looked like once upon a time.

LunarOrbit
2005-Jan-23, 04:52 PM
Here is a link (http://web.archive.org/web/20010603020457/www.badastronomy.com/wwwboard/index.html) that will let you see what it looked like in March 2001 (around the time that FOX aired that moon hoax show)... I don't think you can still post to it though.

Mistermystery
2005-Jan-23, 04:54 PM
That was a relative quick edit.

LunarOrbit
2005-Jan-23, 04:55 PM
Yeah, silly me... I forgot the link! :lol:

The Bad Astronomer
2005-Jan-23, 06:10 PM
That version of the board was very difficult to administer, and took up too much of my time. I replaced it when I discovered phpBB, which is what BABB uses now. The software for the old board is now just recycled electrons. I don't have any copies of it anywhere. I just tried that link above, and while you can see topics, the links to posts don't work.

Maddad
2005-Jan-23, 11:33 PM
That version of the board was very difficult to administer, and took up too much of my time. I replaced it when I discovered phpBB, which is what BABB uses now. The software for the old board is now just recycled electrons. I don't have any copies of it anywhere. I just tried that link above, and while you can see topics, the links to posts don't work.Another forum used that format years ago. There was a very interesting thread, so I kept a copy on my own website. But it's a mess to keep up with. This new format is common to a lot of forums.

A Thousand Pardons
2005-Jan-24, 03:52 PM
Here is another archive (http://web.archive.org/web/20000815063753/www.badastronomy.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html) which does have some of the post content available. I notice that the posts include a few by HUb'

ocasey3
2005-Jan-24, 04:25 PM
Piper?:roll: I forgot about that guy, lol.

Donnie B.
2005-Jan-24, 04:41 PM
_____?:roll: I forgot about that guy, lol.
Ahhhhhgggghhhh! Thou hast named he who shall not be named!
:-$ :-#
<rushes out to find garlic for necklace>
8-[

Wally
2005-Jan-25, 03:39 PM
Ah yes! I remember the old board well. after so many responses, you could no longer see who posted without paging right. . . Lovely stuff!!