PDA

View Full Version : The Star of Apocalypse appears: October 26 2015

Shibboleth2015
2015-Jul-18, 05:32 PM
For the first time in over two millennia, the star of Bethlehem will reappear in the western sky, But there is something more alarming the monstrous Jupiter-Venus conjunction this time is a triple conjunction, with planet mars (the planet of war), so the spectacular event will happen on October 26 2015 visible globally at 4:30 Am.

This has been called the Apocalypse Star. because is the return of the Star of Bethlehem for war.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jupiter-venus-to-converge-in-star-of-bethlehem-moment/

http://www.inquisitr.com/2215471/star-of-bethlehem-returns-celestial-phenomenon-will-appear-the-clearest-its-been-since-birth-of-jesus-christ/

http://conservativerefocus.com/blogs/blog5.php/2015/06/30/signs-historic-star-of-bethlehem

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2015/06/star-of-bethlehem-visible-on-june-30th-for-the-first-time-in-2000-years/

Swift
2015-Jul-18, 08:02 PM
Shibboleth2015

First, welcome to CQ.

Second, your post seems like it could potentially be trouble, depending on your intent. If you wish to only discuss the astronomy of the conjunction, that's fine, and our Astronomy sub-forum is the place for such a discussion, though I question some of the links you have included.

If you wish to discuss the religious aspects of this, then the CQ forum is not for you. We have a fairly strict ban on discussions of religion, with only a couple of exceptions (see our Rules, linked in my signature).

If you wish to discuss some other aspect of this that is not mainstream science, then the discussion belongs in our Against The Mainstream forum, for which there are some special rules.

In your very next post, you need to explain more carefully what your intent is here, or this thread will be closed.

If you have not reviewed our rules (as I said, link in my signature) you need to do so.

Cougar
2015-Jul-18, 08:28 PM
But there is something more alarming....

Why would you consider a planetary conjunction alarming in this day and age?

Shibboleth2015
2015-Jul-18, 09:21 PM
My intentions are to alert astronomers about this big event, because its going to be visible around the world. this is going to be a huge spectacle, my intentions are Scientific only.

Ken G
2015-Jul-18, 09:22 PM
None of those links say anything about October 26.

Shibboleth2015
2015-Jul-18, 09:24 PM
check by yourself

https://in-the-sky.org/skymap.php

Ken G
2015-Jul-18, 11:55 PM
I'd like to see an article about it. Why did you link to a bunch of articles about a totally different event?

VQkr
2015-Jul-19, 12:03 AM
It was cool to be able to see Jupiter and Venus in the same field of view of a 3" telescope a few weeks ago, but conjunctions are not particularly rare events and not particularly interesting to astronomers. Because the planets appear to move across the sky near an imaginary line called the ecliptic, they tend to come near each other. Venus passes Jupiter every year; it is not a rare event as you seem to believe. At the time you state Mars will be around 3 from Jupiter and Venus; pretty close but not unusually in terms of "rare" conjunctions.

Ken G
2015-Jul-19, 12:41 AM
Yes, but my point is, the conjunction we just had is much closer than the one coming on October 26th, so it's not clear that one is more impressive. The conjunction we just had was 1/3 of a degree between Venus and Jupiter, which is 3 times closer than we'll get on the day you cite. I'll take your word for it that Mars will be in the area as well, so that will be pretty neat indeed, but it's not going to look brighter or more like a "star of Bethlehem" than the one we just had. Indeed, I would instead point to this quote from the first article you cited:
"Next year, on August 27th, they'll dazzle again during an evening conjunction with a separation of just 0.1 degrees."
So on August 27th Venus and Jupiter will be ten times closer to each other than on the date you mention! I think that will look much more like a "star of Bethlehem" than just having Mars in the neighborhood. The bottom line is, conjunctions are somewhat common, but they are still very noteworthy. So I salute any effort to point out dates of interest, and along those lines I would indeed mention both October 26th and August 27th. But beyond that, there is no significance to these events, and the one you single out is in many ways less impressive than the one we just had, and the one we'll get next year. So why all the hype? "Alarming" and "monstrous"???

Gomar
2015-Aug-07, 01:42 AM
Wow! Now that's creepy and alarming!

KaiYeves
2015-Aug-07, 02:16 AM
I don't see why a conjunction like this would be alarming rather than simply interesting.

Centaur
2015-Aug-15, 04:13 AM
For the first time in over two millennia, the star of Bethlehem will reappear in the western sky, But there is something more alarming the monstrous Jupiter-Venus conjunction this time is a triple conjunction, with planet mars (the planet of war), so the spectacular event will happen on October 26 2015 visible globally at 4:30 Am.

Why would you think that such events are so rare as to occur only once every 2000 years? Venus-Jupiter conjunctions occur about once a year, usually with less than 2 separation. Occasionally those are multiple conjunctions due to periods of apparent retrograde motion. Geocentrically on 2015 OCT 25 (UT Date) they will appear separated by 1.0. However, as recently as 2015 JUL 01 they were separated by just 20 arcminutes (a third of a degree). Then on 2016 AUG 27 they will be separated by only 4 arcminutes (a fifteenth of a degree). Mars will conjunct with Jupiter on 2015 OCT 17 and with Venus on 2015 NOV 03, but Mars will appear as a rather unspectacular second magnitude “star”.

Why would your “planet of war”, “apocalypse star” and “star of Bethlehem” references have meaning in a scientific forum? No one here is going to find planetary conjunctions to be “alarming” or “monstrous”, just somewhat visually interesting. There is no evidence that expected planetary positions are capable of predicting earthly events. If you want to be a pseudoscientific, astrological, mythological or religious alarmist, then I suggest you comment in less scientific forums where more credulous people might be participating.