PDA

View Full Version : Fake Moon Dirt Wanted

sarongsong
2005-Jan-25, 02:08 AM
24 January 2005 (http://space.com/scienceastronomy/moon_dirt_050124.html)
"...A NASA-sponsored "Lunar Regolith Simulant Materials Workshop" starts today...three-day gathering of experts at the Marshall Institute in Huntsville will look into how best to make and dole out quality made-on-Earth specimens of the Moon...A need for tons of lunar simulant is foreseen..."

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Jan-25, 02:33 AM
Sure beats the pencils filled with regolith that they used to sell. (I have one -- it's cool).

Ut
2005-Jan-25, 02:43 AM
I'm not entirely sure why, but I find it highly amusing that they don't know how to fake moon dirt. Maybe it's that people have been claiming that they did it quite well 30 years ago...

N C More
2005-Jan-25, 02:52 AM
Maybe it's that people have been claiming that they did it quite well 30 years ago...

Yeah, why don't they just ask Sibrel, Kaysing and Renae? I'm sure that they will know just how to do it...they have an answer for faking everything else! :wink:

jt-3d
2005-Jan-25, 06:56 AM
I'm not entirely sure why, but I find it highly amusing that they don't know how to fake moon dirt. Maybe it's that people have been claiming that they did it quite well 30 years ago...

Those people have retired from NASA and they're looking for replacements for the promised (simulated) return to the Moon.

Too bad they're not looking to fake Mars. I have the recipe for Mars dirt right here.

TravisM
2005-Jan-25, 02:54 PM
Hey! That was a family recipe, thank you very much. [-(