You're a cab! :D

Amadeus
2005-Jan-27, 11:47 AM
ok...

Nicolas
2005-Jan-27, 11:49 AM
:D (was that a ToSeeked?)

btw the link seems to have broken, it doesn't work anymore here. I hadn't checked out the article yet, but I'd seen the image. EDIT: some hours later, all works fine again here.

Bawheid
2005-Jan-27, 12:00 PM
I thought I had double posted for a minute......

Amadeus
2005-Jan-27, 12:15 PM
I thought I had double posted for a minute......

If only I hadn't stopped to write "OK" I would have beaten you to it I think. #-o

Bawheid
2005-Jan-27, 12:39 PM
Nearly three hours without a reply and then a double tap from us. Just shows that brevity pays. :D

sarongsong
2005-Jan-27, 03:30 PM
...btw the link seems to have broken, it doesn't work anymore here...
Seems to be fine now.

TriangleMan
2005-Jan-27, 04:30 PM
Most cabbies are crazy enough drivers on the ground. No way I'm getting in that thing! [-(

TriangleMan
2005-Jan-27, 04:37 PM
Oh, I forgot. sarongsong, you're a cab! :P

Nicolas
2005-Jan-27, 04:40 PM
I thought I'd stay polite here, but you really have driven it too far Sarongsong. You're such a cab! :)

(I needed a pun in my 1111th post milestone)

sarongsong
2005-Jan-28, 03:55 AM
I was framed!---I'm innocent, I tell ya'...OK---how about Midnight Taxi instead?

1111? What is this...'metric post-counting'?

mike alexander
2005-Jan-28, 06:32 AM
But when was the last time you saw a cab that could taxi?

Nicolas
2005-Jan-28, 07:55 AM
But when was the last time you saw a cab that could taxi?

:D

(Sarongsong:http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19161 shows "important" milestones, and the "posts:" thingie counts up as you post, that's why it is there. That post was my 1111th post)

SAMU
2005-Jan-28, 06:31 PM
YYYOUUUU CAAAAB!!!

sarongsong
2005-Jan-29, 12:43 AM
...and the "posts:" thingie counts up as you post, that's why it is there. That post was my 1111th post)
Ah, OK, didn't realize the post-counter reflects the current overall total, even when viewing an 'old' message---cool! But why is 1111 considered a milestone?

Trebuchet
2005-Jan-29, 02:54 AM
...and the "posts:" thingie counts up as you post, that's why it is there. That post was my 1111th post)
Ah, OK, didn't realize the post-counter reflects the current overall total, even when viewing an 'old' message---cool! But why is 1111 considered a milestone?

That's only 15 in binary!

Nicolas
2005-Jan-29, 09:50 AM
(Just because it looks good, like Mickal555 pointed out: 1000, 1111, 1234, getting to the first 50 on post count etcetc.)

Do I read it correct that every passenger actually has an ejection seat, or should I interpret that extra "jumpseat" they added like the 4th cockpit seat in old airliners, just an extra seat if there is an extra person (in that case, certified crew).

Nicolas
2005-Jan-31, 07:00 PM
YOU CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB!!!!!!

(just trying to get attention).

Does anybody have info on my jumpseat question? Their site stated they had placed a 7th jumpseat, and I wondered if that meant an "extra crew" seat, or that all passengers had ejection seats (only a few would be nice, that's what I call a multi class cabin :) )

Lurker
2005-Jan-31, 07:12 PM
No comment... #-o

Nicolas
2005-Jan-31, 07:19 PM
4. The operating efficiency of the aircraft has impressed the aerospace design intranet of talent currently working on the Jetpod. Thus far, the increased performance we have discovered means that two extra jump seats can be added (if required). The aircraft can now carry seven (7) fare-paying passengers in the commuter role, and at the same time, the installed thrust reduced to 2,500 lbs on each of the two engines, thereby reducing cost and improving fuel-burn.

that means 7 pax and a pilot (they had 6 seats inluding pilot, and now they added 2 extra seats in the design). My question remains, are those 'jumpseats" ejection seats or do they just mean "extra seats for optional extra passengers". (they are not for crew it seems from this text).

Amadeus
2005-Jan-31, 08:12 PM

ok...

Oh, I forgot. sarongsong, you're a cab! :P

I thought I'd stay polite here, but you really have driven it too far Sarongsong. You're such a cab! :)

YYYOUUUU CAAAAB!!!

YOU CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB!!!!!!

(just trying to get attention).

Does anybody have info on my jumpseat question? Their site stated they had placed a 7th jumpseat, and I wondered if that meant an "extra crew" seat, or that all passengers had ejection seats (only a few would be nice, that's what I call a multi class cabin :) )

Hmmm is there a pattern here? :D

Sorry sarongsong but you must have seen this comming!

Anyway Bawheid started it :^o

W.F. Tomba
2005-Jan-31, 08:19 PM
My question remains, are those 'jumpseats" ejection seats or do they just mean "extra seats for optional extra passengers". (they are not for crew it seems from this text).
I think "jump seat" normally means an extra seat, often one that folds up against the wall. I'm not sure if anyone uses it to refer to an ejection seat. I don't think I've heard that.

Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jump%20seat) agrees with me.

Nicolas
2005-Jan-31, 08:29 PM
OK cleared up then. Thanks for the info. I'm always confused by the word "jump seat", it just sounds like an ejection seat to me :).

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB :D

sarongsong
2005-Jan-31, 10:01 PM
Sorry sarongsong but you must have seen this comming!...
Well, yes, but never having been to NYC, and having seen all those movies about how difficult it can be to hail one in a 'big' city, thought maybe I could pick up some pointers from BABBers who are practised in the art. :lol:

mickal555
2005-Feb-01, 10:09 AM
you a Taxi!