PDA

View Full Version : Short story title about Cold War grey goo?

Noclevername
2015-Oct-11, 01:23 PM
I'm looking for the name of a story. It's about a trio of explorers from a deep space colony, going back to a long-abandoned Earth covered in liquid biomass. The last remaining humans there were fanatical American nationalists on an island, developing bioweapons against a Commie enemy who no longer existed (only natural mutations from the ocean of devouring bacteria kept "attacking" them).

DaveC426913
2015-Oct-11, 05:41 PM
What is the take-away message of the story? i.e. Is the story purely sciencey, or does it reflect upon the human condition? (All stories should, or why tell them?)

A good title will speak to (foreshadow) the connection between the plot and the theme.

WaxRubiks
2015-Oct-11, 11:55 PM
Emergent Disorder

Noclevername
2015-Oct-12, 01:40 AM
What is the take-away message of the story? i.e. Is the story purely sciencey, or does it reflect upon the human condition? (All stories should, or why tell them?)

A good title will speak to (foreshadow) the connection between the plot and the theme.

It's from the "New Wave" 60s or 70s, when all science fiction written seemed to be about the human condition, more or less.