PDA

View Full Version : Art Bell interview tonight: Billy Meier/EQs/Oil drilling tie

beskeptical
2005-Jan-30, 03:33 AM
Sarongsong posted this (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=407591#407591)on the tsunami thread. As I started looking at the link, I found this at the end:
Meier was specifically warned about the connection of earthquakes to the extraction of petroleum and natural gas, as well as the damming of waters and over-building of huge cities. The first confirmation I found for the petroleum connection was from Paul Segal, a geophysics professor at Stanford University in 1990.

I will be discussing this and more on the Art Bell radio show this Saturday night, Jan. 29, from 11:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. PST (www.coasttocoastam.com)
Art is also well known for exploring the latest developments in alternative energy sources.

Michael Horn
Authorized American Media Representative
The Billy Meier Contacts
www.theyfly.comFor those of you uninitiated folks, Art Bell is with George Noory, the C2C guy the BA is often interviewed by. I think the BA has talked to both of them at different times.

Billy Meier is a guy who claimed to have been contacted by aliens on numerous occasions and produced these very fake looking photos including some of a space ship that looked to be hanging from a string, and, someone found a model that matched the pictures in his house, I believe. Yet with all that, he still has quite a following.

When I saw all these connections, I wanted to alert the BA readers who want a laugh tonight listening to the program.

For background material, see the rest of the thread on tsunamis from Sarongsong's post to the end. :D

Added: Toutatis has a brief mention of Billy M on this thread. (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=294122#294122)

And here's Billy's homepage. (http://www.billymeier.com/)

sarongsong
2005-Jan-30, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the heads-up; I thought Michael Horn did quite well in defending Billy.
Art's second guest, Scott Stevens, had a lot to say about why the weather is so unpredictable (he being a Utah weatherman weary of his 'sure' predictions constantly being foiled), in Weather Wars (http://www.weatherwars.info/). Apparently controlling the jetstream is THE prize in this game.

Bender
2005-Jan-31, 12:16 AM
I do not mean to sound argumentative or disrespectful, sarongsong, but if I sound that way, my apologies in advance.

The prize is not, in my opinion, controlling the jet stream, the prize, for many of the Coast to Coast guests, seems to be selling their book/video/speaking gig.

Perhaps I am being too cynical, but somehow I doubt it.

sarongsong
2005-Jan-31, 12:44 AM
No offense taken, Bender, you raise a good point---with an audience of millions of potential customers, I'm sure many interviewees can't help but rub their hands together in eager anticipation. And some, like our own BA, just want to get the word out with nothing to sell, as did Scott Stevens. Billy's site, on the other hand... :wink:

The Bad Astronomer
2005-Jan-31, 01:10 AM
Don't get me wrong-- I'd love it if a lot of people bought my book! But I try not to shill it on C2C. That's not why I'm there. I'm there to show that the other guests are wrong. 8)

beskeptical
2005-Jan-31, 05:31 AM
Not sure I understand all of the above exchange, oh well.

I listened to the Billy Meier supporter and was not impressed. It will take time to sort out Billy's supposed predictions given one cannot believe the Internet stuff wasn't post dated or edited. I couldn't believe the exchange which went something like,

Art: "so and so refuted all of Meier's photos".
Guest: "I don't know who so and so is"
Art: "neither do I"
Guest: "Well if you find out who it is, let me know"

implying the Meier's refuters were anonymous and/or fake because these two guys couldn't remember who 'they' were.

I assure you, Meiers is so obvious a fake it is incredulous anyone believes his stuff. Visitors from the Pleiades with a warning to mankind. :roll: Give me a break.

But the next segment was even more laughable, if that's possible. This guy (a weatherman from ID not Utah), anyway, he has all these photos of clouds which he thinks can't be anything other than the result of human intervention.

For example he sees conspiracies in "square clouds". (http://www.weatherwars.info/bestofsquares.htm) What a crock!. Art even agreed with him these cloud shapes couldn't possibly be natural. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Yes, 4 eye rolls for that one.

The guy claimed the ocean was artificially heated to direct a hurricane a certain way. "Why, it would only have to be heated 1 degree", the guy says. Does this guy have a clue how much energy it takes to heat a section of the ocean in front of a hurricane 1 degree?

And, if that weren't enough, this activity is supposedly directed right through the Earth. So if China wants to move a hurricane, they send their weather beam through the Earth and move it.

I almost couldn't stop laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bender
2005-Jan-31, 07:44 PM
Thanks, sarongsong, being the New Guy can sometimes be difficult... :oops:

Anywho, BA, you have never shilled books that I recall, of course i bought about eight copies to distribute to friends and family who were in danger of becoming woowoos and dingbats. Seems to work pretty well too, if taken before the weirdness gets too deeply entrenched. Darn good piece of work, when does the second volume come out? I have a credit card and know how to use it! :P

R.A.F.
2005-Jan-31, 08:45 PM
I assure you, Meiers is so obvious a fake it is incredulous anyone believes his stuff. Visitors from the Pleiades with a warning to mankind. :roll: Give me a break.

It's all basically a "rehash" of George Adamski. The same really bad pictures of "spaceships", and or course, the obligatory "message" for mankind.

crateris
2005-Feb-02, 10:02 PM
Apparently Scott Stevens studied meteorology in college. But his website doesn't say whether or not he got any kind of degree before he became a weathercaster on TV. Anyway, I think the people seeing contrails as anything but that should be taken as lightly as possible.

C.

weathergal
2005-Feb-03, 03:32 AM
That WeatherWars site is hilarious. I don't have the time or energy right now to get really in-depth, but a quick look at it made me snicker from the silliness. The "acceleration zones/tracks or grids" are simply wave clouds that are fairly common coming off mountainous terrain. Plus he's the only person I've heard of with a meteorological background that takes "chemtrails" seriously.

His bio says that he went to the University of Kansas (though as crateris points out it doesn't specify if he graduated or not). One of my co-workers is a KU grad, I'll have to ask him tomorrow if he's ever heard of this guy.

UnrepentantSinner
2008-Sep-06, 10:09 AM
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but Michael Horn was on C2C tonight talking smack about BA. Horn claimed {paraphrasing} he'd been asking for tangible evidence and as soon as he was provided some the phone line went dead. He also said Randi and IIRC Shermer weren't willing to face Meier's evidence.

This was around the time they took a call from a woman in Washington who wanted to know how far she had to move inland (she was thinking Idaho) to get away from the West Coast tsunami Meier had been predicting. It was shades of those fools who heeded Nancy Lieder's garbage 5 years ago.