PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl

cyswxman
2005-Jan-31, 11:52 AM
Who will win?

Nicolas
2005-Jan-31, 11:54 AM
I chose "I don't care" because I have no idea who or what these teams represent :). I'm not really into sports. What sport is the super bowl? Baseball? I really don't know, I'm guessing this from Simpsons knowledge :oops: :D

cyswxman
2005-Jan-31, 11:55 AM
The Super Bowl is the championship game of professional football here in the USA.

Nicolas
2005-Jan-31, 12:00 PM
At least I knew it had nothing to do with bowling :D

And I know the difference between football and soccer, which is quite confusing, because in Dutch we call soccer "voetbal" which translates "footbal" :).

TriangleMan
2005-Jan-31, 12:03 PM
Not surprisingly I'm not concerned about the Superbowl. I am however concerned about the NHL lockout. :(

Moose
2005-Jan-31, 01:15 PM
Neither is "my" team, so I hope they both lose. :wink:

Gmann
2005-Jan-31, 02:05 PM
I don't give a rats patoot either. The Rams special teams played more like special Ed.. :evil: I would have liked to see the Steelers make it, and give Roth...Rotlis...Rothlezz...their Quarterback, a chance to finish off an otherwise excellent season. I do hope one of the teams wins, but I hope it's not New England. I also hope Adam Vineteri gets trench foot :evil:

ToSeek
2005-Jan-31, 02:47 PM
The Patriots are favored, but I'd like to see the Eagles win it. After all, the Patriots have won it a couple of times now, and New England already has the World Series. Someone else should get a chance!

gethen
2005-Jan-31, 02:57 PM
Not surprisingly I'm not concerned about the Superbowl. I am however concerned about the NHL lockout. :(
Beat me to it. I would usually prefer to be watching hockey on Superbowl Sunday.

Kristophe
2005-Jan-31, 03:03 PM
Here here. Go hockey!

Personally, I'm always against just about any sports team that resides in the Boston-to-New York stretch... Except for the Mets. Go Mets!

TimH
2005-Jan-31, 03:14 PM
I also hope Adam Vineteri gets trench foot :evil:

:wink: It's been 3 years, Gmann, let it go :wink:

Gmann
2005-Feb-01, 02:13 PM
Oh, I have let it go, the rams "Defense????" allowed that to happen. I still have to stick in the knife, and give it a twist, just because.

This is probably going to be one heck of a game. :D

Metricyard
2005-Feb-01, 04:17 PM
The Pats are going to CRUSH[/i] the competition.

ToSeek wrote

The Patriots are favored, but I'd like to see the Eagles win it. After all, the Patriots have won it a couple of times now, and New England already has the World Series. Someone else should get a chance!

I don't know, this sounds like one of them 1970's logic they tried to push in high school, the " I'm ok, your ok, eveybody should win there should be no losers.. etc" :lol:

The Pats are going to win. There is no chance that the Eagles will win.

GO PATS =D>

A Thousand Pardons
2005-Feb-01, 05:27 PM
The Pats are going to win. There is no chance that the Eagles will win.
one word: injuries

R.A.F.
2005-Feb-01, 05:33 PM
Who will win?

Why the commercial sponsors, of course! :)

Gullible Jones
2005-Feb-01, 08:26 PM
I don't know and I don't care. While the teams are playing, I'll be installing Gentoo Linux with NPTL support...

Edit: I can say one thing though... I have never heard of the Eagles.

Master258
2005-Feb-02, 01:05 AM
New England just cause the eagles knocked out minnesota

scottmsg
2005-Feb-02, 04:01 AM
I'll probably end up rooting for the team that loses. Being a West Virginian, and more specifically, a WVU graduate, I'm used to seeing my teams lose in games involving the word 'bowl'.

But there's always next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that.

Laser Jock
2005-Feb-02, 07:35 PM
Any Eagles fans might be interested in bidding on this. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25210&item=5160695 893&rd=1&ssPageName=WDV) :lol: :wink:

I really can't see it, but I'm not an Eagles fan.

TriangleMan
2005-Feb-02, 07:59 PM
So far "I don't care" is beating out the other options combined. I wasn't expecting that, even with a lot of non-US posters on the BABB. :-k

Doodler
2005-Feb-02, 08:07 PM
Low scoring game, the Pats will take it by a field goal after shutting down Donovan McNabb. After slamming Manning and stumping Roethlisberger (ouch, another mangled spelling #-o ), McNabb will need a career game to outwit these guys. My personal feeling is that TO's heroic comeback is testosterone and vicodin laced chest thumping and he'll leave the game injured worse than before.

I call it 13-10 Pats, McNabb will get one on them, but once the Pats' defense gets hot, game over.

sarongsong
2005-Feb-04, 07:03 AM
Who will win?
Rupert Murdoch (http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/20/news/fortune500/superbowl_ads/)!
"...Fox had sold 90 percent of the 59 slots available, putting the network on track to haul in more than $140 million from the broadcast..."

Brady Yoon
2005-Feb-05, 02:07 AM
I didn't even know who was in the Super Bowl! The last Super Bowl I watched was the Denver Broncos vs. Green bay.

dgruss23
2005-Feb-05, 05:31 PM
Beat me to it. I would usually prefer to be watching hockey on Superbowl Sunday.

I had a co-worker a couple of years ago that has a superbowl party every year to celebrate that there will be no more football for 7 months. Of course, I'm not sure she would like hockey either.

jumbo
2005-Feb-05, 06:42 PM
Hehe thats the best thing this long suffering UK vikings fan has heard footballwise for a while. Im really rooting for the patriots too. Partly due to that and partly because if i had to pick a 'second team' it would most likely be the patriots

dgruss23
2005-Feb-05, 11:21 PM
Hehe thats the best thing this long suffering UK vikings fan has heard footballwise for a while. Im really rooting for the patriots too. Partly due to that and partly because if i had to pick a 'second team' it would most likely be the patriots

Anybody else have a second team? I am and always will be a Giants fan first, but the Steelers are another team I really like.

I'll be rooting for the Patriots because I'm a Giants fan (can't have those pesky Eagles getting to full of themselves) and because I've got to throw my support toward the coach that crafted the Giants defense which led the Giants to their two Superbowl victories.

Donnie B.
2005-Feb-06, 02:37 AM
I grew up in the Cleveland area, so the Browns are my secondary team -- especially after the disastrous exodus their fans had to endure.

scottmsg
2005-Feb-06, 03:16 AM
The Steelers are my favorite team, but I also like Washington, since I lived there for eight years (78-83 and 90-93). I also follow teams that have former WVU players on their roster. I don't necessarily want those teams to win, I just hope those players do well.

Maddad
2005-Feb-06, 05:01 AM
Everyone in our household will be wearing an Eagles shirt for the game. Yelling and cheering and thumping on the neighboor's wall every time we score (they're Steeler fans, so they won't mind all that much).

Maddad
2005-Feb-07, 01:31 AM
Half time! 7-7 tie!

scottmsg
2005-Feb-07, 03:23 AM
New England wins 24-21. It was a close game, but not one that held my interest throughout. For next season, the Eagles really need to work on their two minute drill.

Donnie B.
2005-Feb-07, 03:31 AM
Sorry, Philly fans, close but no joy... but don't despair... I have a feeling you'll be back next year.

Man, it's a strange feeling around here! We Boston sports fans aren't used to this much success. Makes us droll Yankees think there must be a disaster lurking... :wink: 8-[

TriangleMan
2005-Feb-07, 11:48 AM
Didn't see the game but happened to be walking by for the half-time show. Now I like Paul McCartney but not for a half-time show. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Superbowl organizers needed someone who plays songs with more energy. My vote would have been for Lenny Kravitz. Oh well. 8)

A Thousand Pardons
2005-Feb-07, 12:07 PM
You didn't even watch it? It was great! Especially the part where he took off his jacket, and his shirt went with it, and he was mobbed by two hundred fans.

TriangleMan
2005-Feb-07, 12:12 PM
I saw the half-time show but not the game. (Actually I saw the last 25 seconds of the second quarter)

Lenny Kravitz wouldn't have bothered to wear a shirt. :lol:

mid
2005-Feb-07, 04:06 PM
Well, I've now seen the most important part of the show. Not the game, not McCartney, but that decidedly brilliant Batman Begins trailer. Nice...

Wally
2005-Feb-07, 05:53 PM
Since the game's over, and the OP is now moot, time to hijack!!!

What was your favorite commercial during the SB? Mine, the investment co. (I think) one where the guy is preparing a beautiful dinner for his sig. other. The white, persian cat knocks the tomato sauce off the stove while he's cutting up veggies. He bends over and removes the cat, now covered in sauce, from the pool of sauce on the floor. His s.o. walks in to see him holding the cat by the scruff of the neck in one hand, a big knife in the other, and the cat dripping in what appears very much like blood. . .

tagline was something about not jumping to conclusions w/out getting the facts, or some such thing. . . I laughed by butt off! =D>

And before I get criticized, I actually like cats. . . :)

Gmann
2005-Feb-08, 01:19 AM
This one probably needs a new thread.

farmerjumperdon
2005-Feb-09, 01:36 PM
We took advantage of the fact that half the country would be lazing about and living vicariously through the antics of a group that is a 20th century cross between gladiators and comic book heroes, and hit the slopes to teach our 7-year old how to ski. Lots of room on the hill. Like her dad, she, is an andrenaline junkie. Within 1 hour she was bombing the green hills, with me trailing behind and screaming to slow down and spend more time going back and forth instead of straight down. Very cute though. Did remind me of the scene in the In-Laws, with Peter Falk screaming at the other guy to ". . . salamander Sal, salamander."

Donnie B.
2005-Feb-10, 11:32 PM
I believe that would be "Serpentine!" :wink: