PDA

View Full Version : Frank & Ernest



The Curtmudgeon
2002-Jul-01, 11:01 PM
Frank and Ernest (http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/franknernest/archive/franknernest-20020629.html) explain the new postage rates.

The (still seems like a stick-up to me) Curtmudgeon

Wiley
2002-Jul-01, 11:06 PM
On 2002-07-01 19:01, The Curtmudgeon wrote:
Frank and Ernest (http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/franknernest/archive/franknernest-20020629.html) explain the new postage rates.


It makes perfect sense. The mail has farther to go.



The (still seems like a stick-up to me) Curtmudgeon


For 37 cents I can send a letter anywhere in the United States and it will arrive in two or three days. This is still the best deal in town.

<font size=-1>[Edited to correct spelling]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wiley on 2002-07-02 12:06 ]</font>

Silas
2002-Jul-02, 01:06 AM
On 2002-07-01 19:06, Wiley wrote:

For 37 cents I can send a letter anywhere in the United States and it will arrive in two or three days. This is still the best deal in town.


Hear hear! As long as we're off-topic...

In 1965, you could buy a comic book, a candy bar, a coke, and a stamp, for 15 cents.

Today? The comic book is $2.50, the candy bar and the coke are both $1.00. But the stamp? Only 37 cents? It costs LESS than it used to, if you adjust for inflation!

(But, credit where credit is due, the comic books are a lot better today than they were in 1965!)

Silas

The Curtmudgeon
2002-Jul-02, 01:16 AM
On 2002-07-01 19:06, Wiley wrote:


The (still seems like a stick-up to me) Curtmudgeon


For 37 cents I can send a letter anywhere in the United States and it will arrive in two or three days. This is still the best deal in town.


Now, Wiley, don't tell me that I have to go and put smileys on everything! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The (stamps are always a stick-up, no matter what the price) Curtmudgeon

Wiley
2002-Jul-02, 04:05 PM
On 2002-07-01 21:16, The Curtmudgeon wrote:

Now, Wiley, don't tell me that I have to go and put smileys on everything! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The (stamps are always a stick-up, no matter what the price) Curtmudgeon


Doh! I can't believe I over looked it - I guess puns are the lowest form of humor.

SeanF
2002-Jul-02, 04:09 PM
On 2002-07-02 12:05, Wiley wrote:
I guess puns are the lowest form of humor.


Didn't you ever read The Far Side? Humor at it's lowest form is one amoeba pulling another's shirt out of his pants while saying, "Shirt's on fire - now it's out!" /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But, then, I guess that's a pun, isn't it?