PDA

View Full Version : Does BA ever do world tours

Sticks
2005-Feb-04, 01:45 PM
I just wondered if Phil ever does seminars on this side of the pond, and possibly up here in Newcastle upon Tyne

(Just avoid Wednesdays and Friday nights if possible :D )

TriangleMan
2005-Feb-04, 01:50 PM
Well, the BA's calendar shows he's going all over the US in the next few months, and last year he was in Australia. I suspect that if organizations in the UK were willing to sponsor him to come over and give talks then he would.

mickal555
2005-Feb-04, 02:00 PM
I wounder if he'll ever write about his trip....

Yorkshireman
2005-Feb-04, 02:31 PM
Well, the BA's calendar shows he's going all over the US in the next few months, and last year he was in Australia. I suspect that if organizations in the UK were willing to sponsor him to come over and give talks then he would.

Yeah, I think that's right. I'd travel to anywhere in the UK to see Phil, but it's not worth his while without an invite from a sponsor, who will sort out venue, accomodation etc. If one of the Astrofests made an approach, that might be the best way.

The Bad Astronomer
2005-Feb-04, 09:32 PM
I will go anywhere on the planet if paid well enough. :lol:

I'd be happy to go to the UK and/or Europe and give talks there, but given the distance and time involved, it would have to be well-supported. I'd love the chance, though!

I was going to write up the Oz trip like I did for TAMIII, but got overwhelmed, and by the time I had time the memories were all run-together. Oh well.

Glom
2005-Feb-04, 09:35 PM
Maybe we could get FAS to bring BA over here.