PDA

View Full Version : Music2Titan

sarongsong
2005-Feb-06, 11:49 PM
31 January 2005 (http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Cassini-Huygens/SEMJBDXEM4E_0.html)
"...Four songs 'Lalala', 'Bald James Deans', 'Hot Time' and 'No Love', composed by musicians Julien Civange and Louis Haéri, hitched a 4000 million kilometre ride aboard ESA's Huygens probe...Mick Jagger gave his support to this unique initiative...The music, together with the Huygens probe, will remain forever on the surface of Titan, at least as far as we know..."

Candy
2005-Feb-07, 01:09 AM
“The music on board the spacecraft offers a very human touch to the project and at the same time provides an important educational aspect to the mission," said Jagger.

“As well as collecting all the valuable data from the space mission itself we want to leave a trace of our own humanity and to build awareness, especially among young people, about this adventure outside the specific scientific arena,” said Huygens project scientist Jean-Pierre Lebreton.
No offense, but once the human race dies out, I doubt if the next generation of 'intelligence' will be even remotely be aware of our existence.

Sort of like us now trying to discover our time of creation. Not to mention, who or what came before us. :-?

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Feb-07, 09:45 AM
“The music on board the spacecraft offers a very human touch to the project and at the same time provides an important educational aspect to the mission," said Jagger.

“As well as collecting all the valuable data from the space mission itself we want to leave a trace of our own humanity and to build awareness, especially among young people, about this adventure outside the specific scientific arena,” said Huygens project scientist Jean-Pierre Lebreton.
No offense, but once the human race dies out, I doubt if the next generation of 'intelligence' will be even remotely be aware of our existence.

Sort of like us now trying to discover our time of creation. Not to mention, who or what came before us. :-?

Come on Candy?

Who says the human race is going to die out?

Bacteria never has (I think).