PDA

View Full Version : Never get your science from The Gap

Jim
2016-May-09, 11:48 AM
See if you can spot the minor error.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/science-buffs-hilariously-correcting-gap-205309417.html

Swift
2016-May-09, 11:58 AM
:doh::rofl:

UntrainedObserver
2016-May-09, 02:48 PM
I got it !

The girl has a grey bra that doesn't fit with the blue shirt.
Unexscusable !!!!

KaiYeves
2016-May-09, 05:19 PM
See if you can spot the minor error.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/science-buffs-hilariously-correcting-gap-205309417.html

Isn't that more of a history mistake than a science mistake, though?

Amber Robot
2016-May-09, 07:56 PM
Gap's response: "1969 is included in most of our ad pics. Its the year we opened, not meant to be the shuttle launch date. Sorry for confusion."

So, what did they actually try to mean by putting the Shuttle on there?!?

AFJ
2016-May-09, 09:06 PM
Gap's response: "1969 is included in most of our ad pics. Its the year we opened, not meant to be the shuttle launch date. Sorry for confusion."

Maybe have it NOT look like an ICBM launch seeing the ad from a distance? Would give a bit of a negative meaning to The Gap.

schlaugh
2016-May-09, 11:48 PM
Geeze they could have used the NY Mets.

KaiYeves
2016-May-10, 01:12 AM

If these are the ads they had at their Greenwich Village location a few weeks ago (I know there was a photo of a space shuttle in the display window, but I don't think anything was written over it), it's just a collection of cool-looking images that have the white/black/blue color scheme, no connection to 1969. But if this is a new campaign where the images are supposed to have some connection to 1969, then it's a mistake.

publiusr
2016-May-14, 07:38 PM
Well, we all now know just who invents a Time Machine.

ATK!

von Braun: What the Scheiße is this?
Thiokol: It's called an SRB--who needs your F-1?
John Glenn: Well, I get to ride this as a young man now.
John Young: What you say?

parallaxicality
2018-Jun-23, 01:34 PM
That's more historically wrong than scientifically wrong. Scientifically wrong would be going to the moon in a hot air balloon.

slang
2018-Jun-25, 09:00 PM
I see a two year gap in posting.

Seeing the ad now, I guess the ad agency figured to show something great built by the generation born around '69. Wait... that doesn't even work either, 12 year olds didn't build the Shuttle... they skipped school to watch the first launch! I did, anyway.