PDA

View Full Version : Daylight UFO footage

Lianachan
2005-Feb-11, 10:35 AM
Just wondering if anybody has seen http://www.wcnc.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.azfamily.com/20050209_UFO.wmv ? It looks like a solid metallic object to me. Although it's difficult to make out details, I think I can make out wings - in some frames it looks very like a Harrier jet to me, actually.

Any thoughts?

(Note - the film clip I'm talking about plays after the advert)

Amadeus
2005-Feb-11, 10:53 AM
Looks like a jet to me.

mickal555
2005-Feb-11, 11:21 AM
Yeah obviously a jet

the guy sounds like hes real high Listening to him just cracked me up

Swift
2005-Feb-11, 01:36 PM
Looks like an ad for teeth-whitening strips. Oh you mean after that. :D Looks like every airshow I've been to; its a jet.

farmerjumperdon
2005-Feb-11, 03:33 PM
Every image I've seen of a supposed UFO falls into one of 2 categories:

1 - Obviously something else (sometimes a hoax, sometimes an honest case of mistaken identity), or, . . .
2 - Images so poor there is no way to tell what it is.

This video clip is mostly 1, with some of the clip falling under 2.

Lance
2005-Feb-11, 04:21 PM
Just to make it easier to view, here is a link that goes right to the UFO Video (mms://beloint.wmod.llnwd.net/a125/o1/www.azfamily.com/20050209_UFO.wmv).

And I'm curious...

For those who so quickly made the determination that it is obviously a jet, what kind of jet is it?

Though there isn't enough information in that clip to support a claim that it is some kind of extra-terrestrial craft, I don't see enough information to prove it isn't one, either.

mickal555
2005-Feb-11, 04:24 PM
Its hard to tell what type but I can see two wings a tail bit and a frount

good enough for me

Lance
2005-Feb-11, 04:30 PM

Well, I can clearly see what looks like a flying squirrel. I can also see something that looks like a slowly rotating bull frog. I, however, highly doubt it's either of those. What I suspect more is that my brain is "filling in the pattern" as human brains tend to do.

Yours may be doing the same thing.

2005-Feb-11, 05:17 PM
I see a camera operator who should consider decaffeinated coffee.

Lance
2005-Feb-11, 05:30 PM
I see a camera operator who should consider decaffeinated coffee.

Ah yes. I did happen to see one of those too. And perhaps some kind of multi-step program.

russ_watters
2005-Feb-11, 05:36 PM

Well, I can clearly see what looks like a flying squirrel. I can also see something that looks like a slowly rotating bull frog. I, however, highly doubt it's either of those. What I suspect more is that my brain is "filling in the pattern" as human brains tend to do.

Yours may be doing the same thing.
Yes, but in this case as most, there is a default hypothesis - and it ain't "ET!" If it looks like a jet, it probably is one.

mickal555
2005-Feb-11, 05:43 PM
Er... a jet is more likely than "ET" or a flying bullfog for that matter.
just look at the way it flies Flying bullfrogs sorta fall down rather quickly.

Have you paused it and really went through it there are some frames that do really look like a jet,

Its a plane people :roll:

jt-3d
2005-Feb-11, 05:54 PM
I had the benefit of seeing it first without sound due to technical reasons. It sure looks like and RC plane of some sort. Frankly, I am unimpressed.

tmosher
2005-Feb-11, 06:07 PM
Looks like an RC plane to me too.

Looks like one, flies like one, must be one.

R.A.F.
2005-Feb-11, 06:08 PM
I wasn't impressed with the "wow, look at that" commentary, either.

beskeptical
2005-Feb-11, 06:37 PM
After the stupid commercial, my computer froze and I had to log back on. :evil:

JMV
2005-Feb-11, 10:07 PM
After seeing a flying lawn mower nothing impresses me.

I wouldn't be so sure it's a jet. I'm a sort of an aviation enthusiast and recognize lots of different aircraft types, but I don't think that UFO shows any resemblance to any jet I know. It's more likely some kind of a RC plane.

paulie jay
2005-Feb-13, 10:43 AM
I really wish the guy would just hold the camera still for a second so that I can have a decent look.

Frankly I was more impressed with the commercial. Those white teeth really were out of this world! :lol:

Lance
2005-Feb-13, 05:30 PM
Okay, I've managed to "stabilize" the first 259 frames of the video. After that, the object goes out of frame briefly and then reappears further away so I didn't mess with it. This was rather time consuming as it was done manually frame by frame in PhotoShop.

What I did was to drag each frame so the "object" was in the center and then compile it all to an animated gif file. I did no other manipulation of the image.

Caution: 5.2 Meg download.

And here (http://home.comcast.net/~cylan/20050209_UFO.gif) it is.

R.A.F.
2005-Feb-13, 06:55 PM
First off, Lance, THANKYOU for taking the time to do this...it must have took a while.

It seems that the "craft's" motion is mostly due to the camera operator having a very unsteady hand. Also, "it's" not really doing anything except slowly turning, which leads me to think that it's not a UFO. I'm willing to "bet" that the camera operator knows exactly what it is.

It looks like some sort of "hung" model...that's my opinion.

Once again...thanks and congratulations! =D>

azazul
2005-Feb-13, 06:58 PM
It seems that the "craft's" motion is mostly due to the camera operator having a very unsteady hand. Also, "it's" not really doing anything except slowly turning, which leads me to think that it's not a UFO. I'm willing to "bet" that the camera operator knows exactly what it is.

It looks like some sort of "hung" model...that's my opinion.

I agree R.A.F., that video looks to me like a toy at first and then, he cuts the camera off and films a very distant, fuzzy object that I can't make much of.

tmosher
2005-Feb-13, 09:12 PM
I looked at the stabilized video in animation shop - frame by frame and to me it looks like either an RC airplane or an exotic homebuilt. It flies like an airplane (i.e., it banks to turn).

I don't think it's exterterrestrial.

Lance
2005-Feb-13, 09:41 PM
You're welcome. It did take some time, but I think it was worth it. I really wanted to see what we were looking at. Some of the movement wasn't apparent to me at all while it was still so jittery.

Regarding the "toy-on-a-string" observation. I don't think so. I noticed that too, but I think that may be artifact of the way I tried to center each frame individually. There was probably some real motion lost by using this technique.

Home built? Experimental? RC? I guess it must be one of those.

Does anyone have any ideas one how we could estimate the actual size? Or is that beyond what is capable given the limited information we have?

um3k
2005-Feb-14, 02:03 AM
You're welcome. It did take some time, but I think it was worth it. I really wanted to see what we were looking at. Some of the movement wasn't apparent to me at all while it was still so jittery.

Regarding the "toy-on-a-string" observation. I don't think so. I noticed that too, but I think that may be artifact of the way I tried to center each frame individually. There was probably some real motion lost by using this technique.

Does anyone have any ideas one how we could estimate the actual size? Or is that beyond what is capable given the limited information we have?
Well, if we knew what kind of camera it was taken with, we could probably at least determine the angular size.

farmerjumperdon
2005-Feb-14, 01:52 PM
Find the source. Put the operator under bright lights. Truth serum would help. And witnesses, collect all the witnesses. Truth serum for them too. Anyone who does not cooperate can not be trusted.

R.A.F.
2005-Feb-14, 02:01 PM
There was probably some real motion lost by using this technique.

Yeah, you're more than likely right.

A RC model perhaps. I can't help but think that I've seen this "design" before, but I just cant place where.

Does anyone have any ideas one how we could estimate the actual size?

Well, if we knew how far away it was...:)

mid
2005-Feb-14, 02:38 PM
I can't help but think that I've seen this "design" before, but I just cant place where.

Me too; I've had it on loop for a good five minutes, trying to figure that one out. I keep thinking of that plane in "The Incredibles", with it's forward-slanted front wings, though, and I'm not aware of a model version of that.

R.A.F.
2005-Feb-14, 02:48 PM
[quote=R.A.F.]I keep thinking of that plane in "The Incredibles", with it's forward-slanted front wings, though, and I'm not aware of a model version of that.

Hmmm, I haven't seen the Incredibles, so I'm not familiar with their plane.

mid
2005-Feb-14, 03:28 PM
I guess not, then. This really, really looks familiar, though.

R.A.F.
2005-Feb-14, 03:38 PM
It "kinda" (there are differences) reminds me of the Flying Flapjack. (http://www.daveswarbirds.com/usplanes/aircraft/flapjack.htm)

Lance
2005-Feb-14, 04:26 PM
There are a few frames where I think the thing it resembles is the Enterprise (NCC 1701). Of course, I saw something that looked like a bull frog too. So what do I know?

mid
2005-Feb-14, 04:32 PM
I take back my comment about The Incredibles.

It's a Ghost (as in Halo), is what I was thinking of.

It's also very similar to an R/C plane I've seen somewhere, but I'm not having much luck with Google.

R.A.F.
2005-Feb-14, 05:04 PM
There are a few frames where I think the thing it resembles is the Enterprise (NCC 1701).

I was thinking that (at one point) it resembled the U.S.S. Reliant. :)

Sheki
2005-Feb-14, 05:43 PM
You don't suppose it might be this:

http://media.moller.com/news/hoverstills/

Or something similar?

It just seems like there are four "pods" on the thing...

Sheki

David Mc
2005-Feb-14, 06:17 PM
Excellent job stablizing the video. Email that link to Coast to Coast AM. They would LOVE it. (really, they'll make you temporarily famous)

I have to disagree on the RC model conclusion. The sun reflexion isn't bright enough to be at a near distance. The zoom is appropriately fuzzy as well. Whatever it is, it's fighter sized at least.

I'm not familiar with that as a military aircraft, but stealth and large ROV craft are certainly on the U.S. menu for development. I know they're working on a stealth Harrier configuration. Could be our first look at a very cool airplane.

Check this out and see what you think

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/fa37talon.html

Lance
2005-Feb-14, 06:47 PM
Excellent job stablizing the video. Email that link to Coast to Coast AM. They would LOVE it. (really, they'll make you temporarily famous)

Thanks.

I'm not sure I'd have rights to email links to that video anywhere. It's not my video, just a manipulated version that I did from the video in the link from the OP.

David Mc
2005-Feb-14, 07:22 PM
The legality of posting it on their sight would be up to them.

No offense to Mr. Noury, but even a temporary stardum on C2C could turn you into a cult. You could hook up with Hoagland even get "black project" notice as well. You'll huge! You'll be amazing!

Do you have any guru experience? :D sorry

Lance
2005-Feb-14, 07:48 PM
The legality of posting it on their sight would be up to them.

No offense to Mr. Noury, but even a temporary stardum on C2C could turn you into a cult. You could hook up with Hoagland even get "black project" notice as well. You'll huge! You'll be amazing!

Do you have any guru experience? :D sorry

You do realize I posted the stabilized video for analytical purposes only, right? I have no idea what it shows nor do I make any claims it is something that traveled here from woowooland. I don't, however, think it's a "common" jet either. I don't know what it shows, but I certainly find it interesting.

terapsnips
2006-Mar-22, 04:00 PM
Perhaps it is unidentified, but it is terrestrial. The way this thing is moving appears that it is being acted on by the winds (notice when it rotates the lofty movement). It looks to me like a parade float that got away, like a giant sea turtle float.
;)

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2006-Mar-23, 11:37 AM
it's my flying car!!!!!!!!

_DRAGONLORD_
2006-Mar-23, 08:40 PM
I thought it looked like a flying car too.Maybe on a string.I don't beleve in"UFOs"
but I do think there's life elsewhere.

Gillianren
2006-Mar-24, 12:45 AM
I thought it looked like a flying car too.Maybe on a string.I don't beleve in"UFOs"
but I do think there's life elsewhere.

I do believe in UFOs. They categorically exist.

However.

"UFO" solely means that the observer cannot identify whatever-it-is-that-they're-looking-at. There is no part of the abbreviation that means "alien spacecraft"; that's just an implication some people give it.

_DRAGONLORD_
2006-Mar-24, 07:38 PM
Unidentified Flying Object

firstcontact
2006-Mar-27, 08:22 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5070476612863849446&q=nasa+video

firstcontact
2006-Mar-27, 08:22 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8524267568796529301&q=nasa+video

Nicolas
2006-Mar-27, 08:41 PM
If a real aircraft, than it resembles the hawkeye (http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/e-2c-tr-hawkeye.jpg) a lot to me. Not a jet, but a turboprop. I don't think it's an Osprey (http://www.navalhelicopterassn.org/Index%20of%20Photographs/V22/osprey%20hovering%203.jpg) hovering.
But it doesn't look a lot like a Hawkeye; it seems to have 2 dishes or something like that (wings?)

But it turns so much; if not a strange airshow it must be an RC craft. No real aircraft would turn like that unless in an airshow, and even then not that way. Unless it's a Harrier, but it doesn't look like a Harrier.

So I say RC craft judging by the motion. What it looks like? It made me think of the reinforcement ships (large cargo and large fighter) of the aliens in Half Life 2 :).

Could be a "inside the PC only" hoax of course.

R.A.F.
2006-Mar-27, 08:42 PM
Firstcontact, do you have some comment to make about the links you posted?

On this board, It's "kinda" considered poor form, to simply post a link without saying anything...

Halcyon Dayz
2006-Mar-27, 08:50 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5070476612863849446&q=nasa+video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1&q=nasa+video
Here (http://ufonasa.terra-ent.com) you have David Sereda's website.
As you can see it's call TERRA ENTERTAINMENT.
And that's what it is. He's selling stuff. :shifty:

Sereda gets discussed here (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=25807).

NEOWatcher
2006-Mar-28, 12:44 PM
Firstcontact, do you have some comment to make about the links you posted?

On this board, It's "kinda" considered poor form, to simply post a link without saying anything...
Especially when the video is over an hour and a half long. I feel as if I spend the time to watch, it's going to be an Amway pitch.

LTC8K6
2006-Mar-28, 05:29 PM
Gamera?

Some sort of promotional balloon?

farmerjumperdon
2006-Mar-29, 02:15 PM
Especially when the video is over an hour and a half long. I feel as if I spend the time to watch, it's going to be an Amway pitch.

I call that getting Amwayed.

I was Amwayed twice in earlier years - cornered, somewhat curious, then greatly disappointed.

Someone tried to Amway me about 2 or 3 years ago - a friend of wife Sherri's coworker at the YMCA. We knew she was coming by, but were under the impression it was just a casual stopover. Answer the door and there's 3 people standing there, one with a laptop in hand (they have gone high-tech).

My alarms immediately went off and I probed - diplomatically at first, then more short and to the point. From the time I 1st directly asked if it was Amway until the time they finally admitted it was Amway took about 10 to 15 minutes of conversation.

They were very stubborn about giving up the jig. Once they did, I excused myself.

HenrikOlsen
2006-Mar-30, 06:23 PM
What to to with Amway (http://www.choppingblock.org/d/20010808.html). Note, link to somewhat offcolour webcomic.

Halcyon Dayz
2006-Mar-30, 07:42 PM
What to to with Amway (http://www.choppingblock.org/d/20010808.html). Note, link to somewhat offcolour webcomic.
Or rather, no colour at all. ;)

publiusr
2006-Mar-30, 09:48 PM
It looks like some strange shaped toy balloon you get at the supermarket. They make some that look like bears with appendages.

Come on guys.

Lianachan
2006-Mar-31, 12:40 AM
This (over a year old) thread's really taken off since it was posted to last week, by the only post that person's ever made (to date). Crikey.

Just in case I come over as a woo to people who didn't see it the first time, I'd like to point out that when I originally posted that link I was merely wondering if anybody could positively identify the object. At no stage did I think Chewbacca (or, indeed, ALF) was behind the wheel!