PDA

View Full Version : I claim this land, New Britannia, Titan!

cerin
2005-Feb-17, 09:45 PM
I claim this island, to be henceforth known as the Nation of New Britannia, for the true and worthy peoples of the United Kingdom!

Everyone is welcome WITH THE EXCEPTION of the aristocratic and plutocratic ruling classes of the United Kingdom that are more powerful than ever, yet keep a low profile in an attempt to convey a classless society!

Former public school pupils, and anyone with a title will be bathed on arrival in copious amounts of liquid methane!

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/moons/images/PIA06185-br500.jpg

(Oh dear! Thought I could upload my own version of this image indicating the '"island".........but it's the one just to the left and slightly below the centre of the image that looks uncannily like mainland UK!!)

Doodler
2005-Feb-17, 09:59 PM
I'd suggest an immediate edit of the last line, chief, its a serious no-no.

cerin
2005-Feb-17, 10:06 PM
Nothing too offensive in the whole of my thread entry...............

Surely the moniker 'bad newbee' implies a need to be a little controversial in your first forays into this forum!?

Doodler
2005-Feb-17, 10:16 PM
Nothing too offensive in the whole of my thread entry...............

Surely the moniker 'bad newbee' implies a need to be a little controversial in your first forays into this forum!?

The idea you had is fine, but there's a long standing rule that even implied profanity is not acceptable. Don't want to see a newbie getting banned on day one.

Speaking of which: Welcome. :)

cerin
2005-Feb-17, 10:23 PM
Done a little editing today!

Sorry Doodler! Your posts are now going to look a little nonsensical now on my part! :D

Doodler
2005-Feb-17, 10:26 PM
I sent a private message to you to explain in more detail.

electromagneticpulse
2005-Feb-17, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry but i don't see mainland England :(

I do however see the EU's mainland England (http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40143000/jpg/_40143516_wales_grab_203.jpg) if they'd missed Scotland off too :wink: :D

Edit: A little spacing problem

cerin
2005-Feb-17, 10:32 PM
Yah!

I see the Brest peninsular!

Could be France and Spain in the relevant spatial positions!

Eire must have floated off into a sea (well sometimes a sea) of methane!

Kristophe
2005-Feb-18, 12:12 AM
Eh, it just all looks like a map of the New World circa 1600

BigJim
2005-Feb-18, 01:11 AM
Astronomy said that some scientists have actually started calling that feature "Great Britain."

PeteB
2005-Feb-18, 01:47 AM
I know that a Cassini ISS team member has been using the informal names Great Britian, Ireland, French Coast and Spanish Coast since last fall (after the Ta flyby). Also, the more equant light area SW of Ireland was called Manhattan (Huygens entered and landed just to the west).

Jpax2003
2005-Feb-18, 04:23 AM
I know that a Cassini ISS team member has been using the informal names Great Britian, Ireland, French Coast and Spanish Coast since last fall (after the Ta flyby). Also, the more equant light area SW of Ireland was called Manhattan (Huygens entered and landed just to the west).Did they send any beads with the lander?

PeteB
2005-Feb-18, 04:32 AM
:D

jami cat
2005-Feb-18, 10:33 AM
Sorry, but I already claimed "ALL" Non-Empty Space in an earlier thread.

http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14964&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=25

This includes Titan. :x

[chilling music=045.wav+str+brs+eff+ech ]

Stay away!!! or I'll make a mask from you skin!!! :evil:

[evil laugh=10.wav+8.wav+eff+ech x3]

[/chilling music=fde,8,6,4,2,0 t=1.5]
[/evil laugh if/ignor/run 11.wav pss]

[hub=on]
[/hub=off]

TriangleMan
2005-Feb-18, 12:33 PM
I claim this island, to be henceforth known as the Nation of New Britannia, for the true and worthy peoples of the United Kingdom!

Sorry but it's not yours until you go there and plant a flag. :wink:

Maksutov
2005-Feb-18, 02:46 PM
I know that a Cassini ISS team member has been using the informal names Great Britian, Ireland, French Coast and Spanish Coast since last fall (after the Ta flyby). Also, the more equant light area SW of Ireland was called Manhattan (Huygens entered and landed just to the west).Did they send any beads with the lander?
Sure did. That's one of the reasons Kaku was so upset with Cassini. Its close approach to Earth in 1999 wasn't just for a gravity assist. It was also to swing by N'awlins to pick up some beads. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/party/party-smiley-019.gif

Jpax2003
2005-Feb-18, 11:01 PM
Sure did. That's one of the reasons Kaku was so upset with Cassini. Its close approach to Earth in 1999 wasn't just for a gravity assist. It was also to swing by N'awlins to pick up some beads. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/party/party-smiley-019.gifOh.... as in "Show us yer Titans!"

V-GER
2005-Feb-18, 11:22 PM
But I've already made claim to the peninsula that looks just like Ramses II! so you're too late. You Brits will just have to do with 1/4 of the earth.

TravisM
2005-Feb-19, 04:17 AM
We'll gladly finance ya! Or at least sell all the natural resources in a free market... :D