PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher (just him!)

Buttercup
2017-Jan-30, 01:31 AM
I can't understand this man.

Is it "his thing" to be always disagreeable?

Am I missing something? I don't watch/listen to him every day.

Seriously. Help me.

Solfe
2017-Jan-30, 12:36 PM
He was a stand up comedian at one point, so I think it is in him to play a disagreeable character. Most of his recent work is agitation based, so I normally don't watch.

Edit - He used to have a lot of musicians on his show as a part of a panel, my wife used to tune in for that.

The Backroad Astronomer
2017-Jan-30, 12:45 PM
I can take him or leave him. Somethings I agree with them then he goes way off the reservation, to put ti mildly.

Ara Pacis
2017-Jan-30, 10:25 PM
Some of his scientific ideas are suspect. He likes to blame most health problems are bad food, because corporations.

Trebuchet
2017-Jan-31, 01:40 AM
Some of his scientific ideas are suspect. He likes to blame most health problems are bad food, because corporations.
Anti-vaxer, as well.

Mareykan
2017-Feb-02, 12:40 AM
I don't mind him, I usually watch his show every week, but it's important to note it's not a News Show, it's an Entertainment show.

This weeks episode should be interesting because he has Tammy Lahren on it (basically Ann Coulter/Kellyanne Conway, but not smart and kinda annoying tbh).

publiusr
2017-Feb-03, 10:07 PM
He will have folks who don't agree with him on. Sorry to say--but he's about the only replacement for Buckley's FIRING LINE.

SkepticJ
2017-Feb-04, 06:38 AM
I saw him in Religulous, and that was enough exposure for me. Sure, he can be amusing, but he doesn't see his own nonsense and faulty reasoning while he has a great time poking fun at that of others.

swampyankee
2017-Feb-04, 07:56 PM
Bill Maher seemed to get a lot of popularity because of who he was against, rather than how entertaining he was. Does anybody here remember Mort Sahl?