PDA

View Full Version : Paris Hilton's latest technology woe.

Doodler
2005-Feb-21, 09:51 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/21/technology/personaltech/hilton_cellphone/index.htm

Nope, no trouble with the digital camcorder's off button this time, seems someone decided to hack her cellular phone book.

I tell ya, this girl and technology just do not mix...

Spacewriter
2005-Feb-21, 10:03 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/21/technology/personaltech/hilton_cellphone/index.htm

Nope, no trouble with the digital camcorder's off button this time, seems someone decided to hack her cellular phone book.

Why blame her for other people's lack of couth?

Not that she has a lot of her own, but it's not her fault some jack*** decided that her private information was something he could hack into and spread through the world.

Doodler
2005-Feb-21, 10:06 PM

Why blame her for other people's lack of couth?

Not that she has a lot of her own, but it's not her fault some jack*** decided that her private information was something he could hack into and spread through the world.

Not implying its her fault, actually, just bad karma. Actually, its rather disturbing to think info like that is hackable, she's just a popular target.

Captain Kidd
2005-Feb-21, 10:13 PM
Hmm, that's a tamer article than the one I read. That one had an unidentified "celeb" going off on a rant on her for "storing my cell number on her phone" even though this celeb had admitted to giving it to her freely in the first place.

I don't care for her, but it is unfair to blame her because she's the one that got hacked. (Speaking at the mad celebs not you Doodler.)

Andromeda321
2005-Feb-21, 11:09 PM
I saw that list yesterday as it was getting passed around like wildfire. My roommate's cousin apparently was bored and called up more then a few of the numbers, all he got was busy signals and voice mail for many celebrities. Apparently for Lindsey Lohan's number for voicemail it said "hi this is Lindsey's phone, she probably won't get back to you because thousands of fans will be calling her now that her number's wild on the Internet."

Normandy6644
2005-Feb-21, 11:36 PM
I saw that list yesterday as it was getting passed around like wildfire. My roommate's cousin apparently was bored and called up more then a few of the numbers, all he got was busy signals and voice mail for many celebrities. Apparently for Lindsey Lohan's number for voicemail it said "hi this is Lindsey's phone, she probably won't get back to you because thousands of fans will be calling her now that her number's wild on the Internet."

That's kind of funny. Though I wouldn't want people calling like that on my phone (or would I? :D )

frogesque
2005-Feb-21, 11:51 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Paris Hilton looks like a cross between Barbie and Lady Penelope 8)

tmosher
2005-Feb-22, 01:50 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Paris Hilton looks like a cross between Barbie and Lady Penelope 8)

Lady Penelope (http://www.ludd.luth.se/~kavli/Thunderbirds/tbirds08.jpg)

If you mean that Lady Penelope - come to think of it, yes. However, Lady Penelope's acting style is less stiff.

Gullible Jones
2005-Feb-22, 02:31 AM
I do not care much about Paris Hilton. If she wishes to look like something fresh out of a DuPont factory, that's her problem.

What I'd like to know is how the cell phone got hacked... :-? I thought there were only one or two viruses infecting cell phones right now?

tmosher
2005-Feb-22, 02:42 AM
I do not care much about Paris Hilton. If she wishes to look like something fresh out of a DuPont factory, that's her problem.

What I'd like to know is how the cell phone got hacked... :-? I thought there were only one or two viruses infecting cell phones right now?

From what I've read, the hacker had gotten into T-Mobile's systems.

Paris Hilton hacking victim? (http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/21/technology/personaltech/hilton_cellphone/?cnn=yes)

Someone hacked into T-Mobile's server that stores the information or someone figured out her password to access the information.

As for Ms. Hilton, I can't stand her. How much longer will she be able to continue this self-promoting lifestyle of hers?

Doe, John
2005-Feb-22, 03:07 AM

From what I've read, the hacker had gotten into T-Mobile's systems.

Paris Hilton hacking victim? (http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/21/technology/personaltech/hilton_cellphone/?cnn=yes)

Someone hacked into T-Mobile's server that stores the information or someone figured out her password to access the information.

As for Ms. Hilton, I can't stand her. How much longer will she be able to continue this self-promoting lifestyle of hers?

As long as people keep talking about her.

It's kinda like how traffic keeps on creeping by the wreck even after it has been pushed off to the side.

Brady Yoon
2005-Feb-22, 05:32 AM
If I had millions of bucks to throw around, I'd make a better contribution to society. :roll:

Candy
2005-Feb-22, 06:00 AM

Was it really hacked, or did someone that works for the telephone company spread the word? At my company, celebrities go through a specialty desk, just so this very thing doesn't happen.

kucharek
2005-Feb-22, 07:18 AM
The site that spread the information had a note, that the information was obtained by "social hacking". That would mean, it wasn't a technical attack, but someone managed to get the passwords by way of interrogation, you know like: "Hello, here's your T-Mobile tech-support. We currently have problems with our computer and to enable you to use your stored information again, we need your password to reset everything."

Excelsior
2005-Feb-22, 11:26 AM
Beside the contact list the hackers put up numerous pictures from her cellphone on an IP based website. Some of the pics were well something I wasnt expecting. :D

People should be careful about the pictures on their phones.

Nicolas
2005-Feb-22, 11:38 AM
Beside the contact list the hackers put up numerous pictures from her cellphone on an IP based website. Some of the pics were well something I wasnt expecting. :D

People should be careful about the pictures on their phones.

Wait you did NOT expect that from Paris Hilton? :D

Amadeus
2005-Feb-22, 01:15 PM

Was it really hacked, or did someone that works for the telephone company spread the word? At my company, celebrities go through a specialty desk, just so this very thing doesn't happen.

You can still get me Mila Jovoviches details though right? 8-[
Go on, buy you a pint if you though.

Wally
2005-Feb-22, 01:23 PM
. . . . However, Lady Penelope's acting style is less stiff.

Ya know, I was actually mildly surprised by Paris' "acting" when she hosted SNL a few months back. Considering she's not an actor, and seems pretty flighty to say the least, I thought she actually did pretty good in the skits she was in. 8-[

Krevel
2005-Feb-22, 02:30 PM
I vote that we make this a "Paris Hilton Free" zone. Maybe if enough people ignore her she'll just go away. Her fifteen minutes should have been up a long time ago. :roll:

iFire
2005-Feb-22, 02:38 PM
I think that the thing is sick. It is a true invasion of privacy. When it came to the movie, its not like she didn't know the camera was there. From what I've heard ( 8-[ ) The camera was held by her in some scenes. The video is her fault, I think it was a publicity stunt actually. But the invasion of privacy that accesing her phone without her consent is a real threat, not only to her, but to the average citizen, even more so. A huge investigation was launched. If my phone was hacked or whatever they might "look into it" or the culpret might get a slap on the wrist. For a high-profile celebrity such as Paris Hilton, on the other hand, with tons of media attention for everything she does, will get a huge investigation.

(Sorry about the ranting that this was)

--Mike

Nethius
2005-Feb-22, 02:43 PM
My question is, why would anyone even care what was on her phone?

mid
2005-Feb-22, 03:34 PM
Because she had Linsay Lohan's phone number on it. I can think of a few people who would be interested in knowing that.

Andromeda321
2005-Feb-22, 03:53 PM
Don't forget Christina Agulera's as well! :wink:

Rue
2005-Feb-22, 03:55 PM
There was multiple celeb cellphone and email addresses in it. They've probably all changed them by now. Some may be a little upset at Paris.

pghnative
2005-Feb-22, 04:23 PM
yeah, my phone's been ringing off the hook. Been a real pain...

Candy
2005-Feb-22, 04:49 PM

You can still get me Mila Jovoviches details though right? 8-[
Go on, buy you a pint if you though.
555-1212 (http://www.555-1212.com/mindex.jsp;jsessionid=FBC55584708203721E86963C60F7 9F7B) :)

frogesque
2005-Feb-22, 04:54 PM

Lady Penelope (http://www.ludd.luth.se/~kavli/Thunderbirds/tbirds08.jpg)

If you mean that Lady Penelope - come to think of it, yes. However, Lady Penelope's acting style is less stiff.

Yep, that's the one 8)

pghnative wrote:

yeah, my phone's been ringing off the hook. Been a real pain... :lol: You wish...

Moose
2005-Feb-22, 04:58 PM

She was tastefully dressed and doing something worthwhile and sensible?

Nicolas
2005-Feb-22, 06:49 PM

Yep, with another woman :) :roll:

Moose
2005-Feb-22, 07:02 PM
Oh my.

farmerjumperdon
2005-Feb-22, 07:06 PM
What's the website?

(All work and no play make Jack a dull boy).

Candy
2005-Feb-22, 07:10 PM

So is it true? If you rub two sticks together, you get fire? 8-[

Nicolas
2005-Feb-22, 07:38 PM

So is it true? If you rub two sticks together, you get fire? 8-[

(declare)
declare public woman(1,2) as type Human;
declare public man(1,2) as type Human;
Type = "human": boolean "stick";
----
(init)
for i = 1 to 2
woman(i).has(stick) = False;
man(i).has(stick) = True;
next i;
----
(exec)
HasStick_women = woman(1).has(stick) + woman(2).has(stick)
HasStick_men = man(1).has(stick) + man(2).has(stick)
----
(print)
Print(all)
----
>>HasStick_women
>>False
>>
>>HasStick_men
>>True
>>
>>
>>End

Anatomy for nerds :).

Doodler
2005-Feb-24, 02:30 PM
Just an update for those who were concerned that this was a compromise of the technology on the phone company's end.

Turns out there was no hacking involved. The individuals in question exploited the heiress's rather.. ahem.. straightforward nature, and guessed her backup security question.

I'll take legally blonde for a thousand, Alex... :roll:

Answer: Tinkerbell

Security Question: What's your favorite pet's name?

Moose
2005-Feb-24, 02:36 PM

:-s #-o

Spacewriter
2005-Feb-24, 03:20 PM
It's not like you get a lot of choices about your favorite pet's name on these things, or about the security question. Mine's something so outlandishly NOT related to my favorite pet...

Krel
2005-Feb-25, 07:02 PM
Just an update for those who were concerned that this was a compromise of the technology on the phone company's end.

Turns out there was no hacking involved. The individuals in question exploited the heiress's rather.. ahem.. straightforward nature, and guessed her backup security question.

I'll take legally blonde for a thousand, Alex... :roll:

Answer: Tinkerbell

So, what's Fred Durst's excuse? The Drudge Report, reports that the same jerk that got Ms. Hilton has released a three minute video of him having unprotected sex (why that matters, I know not why), complete with sound! The scum calls it 'social engineering tactics'.

How many people do you think are now canceling their T-Mobile accounts.

David.